10 ● Joy

How can my life turn so beautiful
like it is decorated with fresh flowers
after you came in?

━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

Her body shivered when the cold ring slided through her ring finger

Her body shivered when the cold ring slided through her ring finger. Jannat stared at the diamonds reflecting under the huge lights. She sighed hearing the number of loud cheers. Looking up, she found Shuraim, smiling. The corners of his lips wider as he expressed how happy he was. She stared down at the stage. The flashes blurring her vision once she looks up. Simply deciding to keep it low, she stared down.

After the cheers lowered down, she gave him a look and asked, "Can we sit?" He chuckled at her words and nodded.

They sat together with a mannered distance in between. He couldn't be more happier to be engaged with her. Whereas her feelings were slowly developing towards him. Slowly slipping get heart, she blushed when he complimented, "I can't take my eyes off you."

She gazed, "Then don't."

Keeping a hand in his chest, he acted as if she hit him with an arrow.

"Where did she hurt you, Jiju?" Wafah joked giggling at his gestures. "Everywhere because she is occupying my mind," she didn't dared to look up at anyone as blood rushed to her cheeks, making her hard to not smile.

"Such a cute couple," Shanzae complimented. The grand feast began as the sun started to set slowly. Pastel purple hues spread across the sky. Shuraim looked towards her and questioned, "Is the sky trying to match us today?"

The dark blue outfits of the couple had actually suited them much then expected. The evening was beautiful. The dim and powder blue themed engagement didn't looked bad in any way. It seemed unique and simply perfect.

"It's purple," she answered.

"Don't worry. It will turn to blue before it sets," He added. Jannat raised her eyebrows responding, "We will see. What if it doesn't?"

"You can ask me anything you want and same goes for you. If the sky changed to blue before it sets, I win. If it doesn't, you win."

She smirked and nodded. "I better think about a question."

"Your confidence!" He giggled.

Shuraim and Jannat were called for the feast. A separate huge table were the food was prepared for the family members and close relatives. Shuraim and Jannat were made to sit next to each other as they ate. She ate dinky morsels as it was hard for her to munch in front of so many people.