17 ● For Her

Hope is all the broken one's have.
━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

Shuraim took the remote of the television and played the news

Shuraim took the remote of the television and played the news. The audio which followed had tempted him to another level of satisfaction. He smirked,

Ahsan Hashim was trapped in his own net.

The internet was bustling with support for Shuraim and backlash at Ahsan. He did not asked for it yet he got all of it. He heard the reporter say,

"Shuraim Baig reported in his statement that it was Ahsan Hashim who shot him in his left arm, ruthlessly. The very same arm that he got his engagement ring on the last evening.

Yes, you heard it right! Shuraim Baig got engaged with Jannat Malik in a very private ceremony with family and friends hence forth the public speculate the fire between the Hashim's and The Baig's had always been on the top of the headlines but last night, the fight between the sons got hyped up and resulted in harm of Shuraim Baig. The police commissioner have already requested for an arrest warrant for attempt to murder from the authorities."

His phone buzzed with vibration. He took it out and stared at the ID. He did not expect her to call. Atleast when her brother had attempted such a venomous crime. He attended the call.

"I did not expected you to call so soon, Farah."

He heard her sigh. "Do you think your pain won't hurt me, Shury?"

He laughed, "Do you really think I would get into your words? I did not handled this empire well from my inheritance with the sense of slipping down at every sweet and fake words thrown at me."

It was all fire between them. The ashes that did not let them live for few breaths. "No matter what you say, Shury. Aside from every thing our families have in between, I genuinely care for you."

He scoffed hearing her words. He remembers her face when he asked her for the truth. He has not forgetting the days which pricked his heart too ruthlessly when he discovered her true nature.

"What a family! The son shoots a person and the sister acts as if she cares for the wounded."

"Listen, Shury my family and I have different-"

"Shut your bullshit, Rah! I don't handle things so easy anymore. Your brother had crossed his limits by including Suhera in this mafia fights."

He grew furious, sitting straight in the couch, he heard her, "I will talk with him. He won't get involved in matters of Suhera."

"I don't want your help, Farah. I can handle things well myself rather than your brother who needs a woman to sneak at someone's business."

"You're crossing your limits, Shuraim."

It reminded him of the days when she used to call him by his name. He was aware that when she grew furious or too pissed off she would call him that way but that didn't concerned him anymore.