08 ● Relinquish

There is a reason destiny
choose to unite us &
I have faith in us.

━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

"This one," Shuraim responded to the jeweller who sat on the vast couch of the living room

"This one," Shuraim responded to the jeweller who sat on the vast couch of the living room. The diamond reflected hard and splashed under the giant chandeliers hanging.

"Would this be fine Baba?" He questioned glancing at his father, Ali.

"Absolutely beautiful, Shuraim."

He nodded his head giving it to the jeweller, Rahim Farooque. An enchanted smile plastered slowly across Rahim's face, pleased as the costliest ring was about to get sold to Shuraim. "It's one of the top designs of our rings, Sir."

"Do you mean to say it's common?" With an eyebrow raised, Shuraim questioned. "There are similar designs trending like the ring you chose."

"Then I don't want that. Show me other designs."

Hearing his son's words, Ali laughed. A hint of proudness ranging through it.

"But Sir, this ring is too fine to be rejected."

"Mr. Farooque, I will not buy even one ring that has been already worn even in similar designs," he stated glancing at the other rings kept in front of him.

"I'll show the finest designs." He took another box from his bag and kept it in front of him. Shuraim scrunched his nose up staring at diamonds which didn't please at all.

"I don't want to buy from you. You may leave," He started getting up and started walking out. "Shuraim? He is the finest designer, beta. Your Ammi Ji always buys jewellery from him even for Suhera."

"Then his designs aren't my style, Baba Jaani."

He walked out of the large living room. Taking out his phone as it rang, a smile spread across his face remembering his fiancé to be thinking the call would be from her but it wasn't.

Arsh.

He slid the green button displayed on the screen and neared it to his ear. "Hello?"

"In which era do you live, Mr. Baig? Don't you have some common senses to greet?"

Rolling his eyes at Arsh's comment, he began, "Tell me why called?"

"Don't you think you are forgetting something?"

"What? I don't think I am forgetting something."

"Bro it's Ayaan's birthday. He works for you and you aren't even aware of our best friend's birthday?"

"Oh my god! I'll go meet him. It's Sunday so I forgot about it." His voice sounded as much as thrilled that he was.

"Let's meet at the Starbucks near your office."