05 ● Dangerous Threats

Amid everyone,
You are that someone
my heart belonged to.

━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

J a n n a t

Washing my face, again and again, I sighed. Staring at my tired face. The headache raising in the back of my head didn't help either.

They said yes to this marriage. I was surprised would be an understatement. I was shocked. My family is waiting for my answer. I don't know if I can be happy with him. He scares the hell out of me and Amaar would be so heartbroken once he hears about this alliance.

I like him. Yes, I do like Amaar very much. But he never told me that he likes me. I wonder if he even reciprocates my feelings. Pinning my hijab appropriately, I catch a long breath before heading towards my last class.

I wasn't having any attention in the class. I had zoned out to my world where I was finding answers to unasked questions.

"Don't mind my words Jannat, but I think Shuraim isn't suitable for you. He seems extremely dangerous. I am worried for you," Ayla keeps her palm in the back of my hand. Stroking it a bit in the end.

"Don't be Ayla. I am sure there is a way out of the mess I am in. If he is in my destiny, we will get married. If he is not in it then no one can make us marry each other." She slowly nodded her head at my words. "Indeed."

"By the way, Do you know? My Khala is coming from London! I am so excited to meet her and the collection of books she is gonna bring here is making me more excited to meet her. I already told her to bring a crime thriller collection of books," Ayla breathed out after telling about her aunt who was returning from London. Her aunt resides in London even though she is a Pakistani. She is settled there and she loves books like us. Her collection is unique.

"Share her collection with me please," I pleaded to try to divert my mind.

"Of course, you're my best friend. I am gonna share it with you only who else? Khala's every book in the collection is gold."

We stepped out together and sat inside the car. I sat in the driver's seat whereas she sat in the passenger one's. Putting the songs on the radio, we started our journey home. In the middle of the road, we spotted Amaar in the corner leaning in front of his car. We stopped near him and rolled down the windows.

"Hey, Amaar!"

"Hello! What are you guys doing here?" He asked thrilled to see us here.

"We were going back from university. Why are you here? Do you need any kind of help?" I enquired.