32 ● Moral Support

You are that one.

The silence shifted towards comfort when Ahsan walked towards Suhera. To gather the shattered pieces of the girl of his dreams. His large steps towards her didn't make her uncomfortable. He wrapped his arms around her. Maybe he was figuring out why he felt that way. Somewhere, he was collecting the pieces of her that he absolutely fell in love with. Her harshness towards him means nothing because he knows she will love him somewhere, someday, sometime. She let him. As numb tears fell down her red cheeks which were used to so many tears that the skin of her cheeks felt raw and sore.

So many questions ran through her mind and she didn't know the answers. Who was obliged to answer her? Her husband? Who is an equal pawn in the eyes of his father? Had he loosen the grip of his chain Aalam held tight on to pull his strings? Had he untied the knot instead? What was he?

It disgusted her to stand with him. Somewhere he was also the reason for her separation from her father. All she could blame was him. All she could fight was him. All she could throw a tantrum upon was him. What was his fault? He was the son of Aalam Hashim? Maybe that was his fault. She removed his hands away from her.

"Don't touch me." She said in a cold tone. "Don't ever try to be near me."

"I am aware you need time, I know that it's hard. Trust me, we will get through it."

"What will we get through, Ahsan? What will we do?" She hiccuped. "There is nothing we can do. You think these jewels are sent by Baba? Shuraim Bhai must have forced him just to make me feel involved. Even if Baba did, it's all because he didn't want a trance of me in the Baig mansion."

She cried. She felt pathetic. She felt all her mind wrecked and all her heart broken and scattered over. "I just don't understand where I went wrong? Why did I go wrong? When did this happen so fastly? Why did this happen?"

She held her head, putting her fingers in the locks of her brown hair. Frustration grew through her. "Why is it always our family?"

He held her again. This time, she inhaled numbness. "Everything will be alright."

"Nothing will be. It will never be. It's done for real. Shuraim Bhai is lying to me. Baba doesn't want me home now." She ran towards her room, a piece of glass tearing inside her foot. He yelled her name but she didn't stop. "Suhera! Suhera!" Not even when the piece of glass pierced in the flesh of her foot.

She closed the door behind her and laid in her bed crying. Immense pain shooting in foot, slowly starting to ache her leg. She didn't care. She did not want to either. The loud bang on the door started. But her cries were louder. He panicked outside the door, she must be bleeding now. He ran to his room and got the extra keys. He opened the room and ran to her. He took her foot and examined it.

"Can you leave please?"

"You are in pain."

"This physical pain is just visible. And it doesn't matter." He took the first box from the nearby drawer and slowly removed the piece of sharpened glass. She grunted in pain. "Why do you have to run over those?"