34 ● Corpse

Lies are truth here.

Time seemed to have stopped and begun again

Time seemed to have stopped and begun again. The Baig mansion was hustling and bustling as the best doctors of the city arrived at their place. There was no way he was awake. All of a sudden. Did he want to live? The doctor said he had no will to survive as he didn't respond anymore but what was this?

Shuraim and Rumana stood still in front of the huge mahogany door. They could not just digest anything at the moment. Shuraim had already called Ali. He was on his way to the mansion. Shuraim's mind was revolving around only one thing. That was, what will he say once he sees Jannat as his wife? The last day he was awake wasn't she his girlfriend? Today she is his brother's wife. The woman Shuraim adored so much had landed his brother in such a huge cage.

The doctors opened the door and let Rumana and Shuraim come in. His heart was beating so fast. He could feel his blood turning cold. His hands were freezing in the room's heat temperature. The cold floor felt too frozen for its temperature. Shuraim's eyes traveled towards Taimoor's bed and there he was. His round eyes were open and wide as he sat on the mattress, staring at nothing in front but his dry hands.

Taimoor Ali Baig was awake.
The sun of the Baig's had finally risen, hadn't it?

"Taimoor?" Rumana called. She stammered as she neared him. "Tai...moor?" She hugged him. He let her. He was sitting there just silently. He let her hug his weak body because he couldn't fight his mother nor did he have any strength left. "I missed you so much, Taimoor." He just sat like a lifeless machine. His eyes lowered, hearing his mother. Taimoor's eyes traveled to Shuraim. A flicker of disappointment electrified him when he realized how dead his eyes were. There was absolutely nothing in his eyes. He looked very void of anything.

Rumana left him and cupped his cheeks. "You are fine my son. You are awake. I missed you so much!" She pecked his dry hand. There was no reaction from him. Rumana realized that Taimoor wasn't speaking. "Tell me something, Taimoor?" He just stared at her. He won't say anything. They somewhere knew what was happening and the fear was turning true. "Why wouldn't he talk?" Rumana asks the doctor. He sighs as he nods his head to speak.

"He won't, ma'am."

"What do you mean he won't?" Rumana glared at him. "Are you insulting my son?"

"My apologies ma'am. But..."

"But what?" Shuraim asks as the doctor was taking too long to answer. "Speak!" Shuraim yells. "He is suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, ma'am. Commonly known as PTSD. It's because of the trauma and stress that has overstrike his brain. Currently, he doesn't want to speak as I said earlier he had no will to live."

"Do you even know what you are talking about?" Rumana glares at him. "What makes you think to talk about him like that? He does not have any disorder."

"Ma'am..." The doctor breathes in. "He might have forgotten everything about his life. He might remember nothing but just a few parts of his life." Shuraim runs to the other side of the bed to Taimoor and sits near him. He looks straight in his eyes. "Taimoor?" He calls. "You remember everything right? You are my brother. You are the Taimoor Baig."