09 ● Hustle Bustle

You are a muse
wrapped in a shawl
of peace.
━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

The sound of rain, laughter, piano playing in the background could be heard but they sat with utter silence

The sound of rain, laughter, piano playing in the background could be heard but they sat with utter silence. Arsh, Ayaan and Shuraim sat on one side while Jannat and Ayla on the opposite. Ayla glanced at the window that viewed beautiful trees outside.

Awkward silence, while Ayla threw daggers at Arsh and Shuraim, passed sweet glances at Jannat. Ayaan sat simply glancing at his coffee.

"Can we take a moment to appreciate how beautiful the weather is?" Ayaan started with pressed lips. "The weather but not the people around," Ayla started with a low voice glaring at Arsh making Jannat lose a chuckle.

"Yeah sure. It's beautiful," she complimented soon after. "It's beautiful," Shuraim continued while everyone stared outside but he looked at Jannat as he had said.

"What are you doing these days, Jannat?" Arsh questioned. She passed a smile before answering, "Nothing. Just attending college."

"Have heard a lot about you from Shuraim," he stated. She nodded gently while Ayla just threw daggers at Arsh distracting him to the fullest.

"When are you guys getting engaged?" Arsh questioned as he snapped towards Shuraim. "Within three days."

"Glad."

"I remember Ayesha Khala told me to ask you," Shuraim glanced at Jannat. With a raised brow, she questioned, "Ayesha Khala?"

"Apparently she is my mother's best friend and my father's sister. I call her Khala because I feel more comfortable with calling her that," he answered. She nodded slowly whilst they sipped their caffeine.

"What did she tell you to ask me?"

"What dress theme do you wish for the engagement?"

She smirked as an idea popped up in her mind. She kept thinking as she nodded her head slightly. "Blue?"

Shuraim choked as she answered. "Are you okay?" She asked with a smirk. "Blue?" He questioned again. Ayla murmured in her ear, "Bestie, it's not a baby shower. It's your engagement."

"What's wrong in blue?" She sat straight. "Everyone will wear different shades of blue while we will wear navy blue. It would look beautiful."

"Oh my god..." Shuraim sighed sipping the coffee. Arsh chuckled slowly, "It will be unique. Don't worry!"

"It will be..." He pondered.