36 ● Happy

Be grateful in love.

Jannat ran down the stairs -almost nearly slipping, she stood near the hall

Jannat ran down the stairs -almost nearly slipping, she stood near the hall. Shuraim was seated there with a chiseled face, his perfect sharpened jawline that was so sharp that it could cut anything. She stared at him.

Is he really the one she fell for?
Does she really love him?
She does. She knew.

He looks up. His gaze was hard. No emotions were involved there in his oceanic eyes. Does she need to apologize for hitting him? Would he listen? He would, right? "I am sorry!" He smiled. "If you were to apologize for what you did, I wonder if you can really stop apologizing at all."

"I don't understand what-"

He interrupted, "Cook me my breakfast."

She stared at him, blank. "What?"

"My breakfast?"

"The chef?"

"You can't even cook breakfast?"

Rude. That was actually very rude of him. He walked towards her. Standing right in front of her, leaning in, he said, "Useless. Such a shame that you can't even cook a good breakfast for your husband."

"You know it right? I have never cooked in my life. Papa never let me enter the kitchen. Why are you-"

"Jannat! Jannat! Jannat! Papa isn't here anymore Jaani. It's me. Shuraim Baig. You are gonna see the worst side of me." She held his shoulders, bursting into tears. He spoke, "This is how you manipulated him?"

"Who?" She cried. "I have no idea what you are speaking about?"

"Your punishment starts now, Jannat."

"What punishment?"

"The treatment of punishment that I hate. The only punishment that I hate so much. Let's do that with you?"

"No please. I am sorry for hitting you." She pleaded. "No baby! Don't be sorry. It's going to change from today. Not only our relationship but everything we have in between. Everything is going to change. I will make sure of it."

Shuraim stood there, his heart pounding in his chest as he wrestled with the realization that what he was about to do was wrong. The temptation to give in to his desires was strong, but deep down, he knew that succumbing to it would only bring him remorse and regret. He weighed the consequences of his actions, not only the immediate repercussions but also the potential long-term effects on his relationships and his own sense of integrity. Shuraim had always prided himself on his strong moral compass, and now, faced with this moral dilemma, he knew he had to make the right choice.