25 ● Yes (II)

A little slow but still a step forward
A little late but still yours.
━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

It felt surreal

It felt surreal.

For both Shuraim and Jannat. The more the time passed the more it felt tender. As if this happy moment will be snatched within a snap of fingers. A little hesitation mixed with frustration awoke in a lot of hearts today.

Shuraim, Jannat, Suhera and Ahsan.

Shuraim and Jannat had their reasons. They were getting married. Priorities were changing, perspectives were changing, responsibilities were changing, there was addition and subtraction in both the families on their own terms. Jannat didn't have a facade of not being scared. She was scared. Scared of living in the one of the most huge mansions built in Lahore centuries ago.

She was going to be the wife of Shuraim Baig. The sensation, the billionaire, the first heir and the oldest prince of the Baig family, he had achieved too much in his age. Though it was given to him, he had equally contributed his power, his time and his hard work. He was glad that he hadn't taken his wealth for granted like many of his cousin's had. They were wasting their lives, which according to them is the getting the best out of lives. Going to clubs, sniffing drugs and having alcohol at their best. Forbidden yet they wouldn't understand. It is indeed mentioned that he who neglects, Allah (SWT) makes him more blind in the good way. The bad deeds they commit is a waste of time for Shuraim.

For Ahsan and Suhera, it was tough. He was preparing everything to stop his father from leaving his mansion. Dozed him and his sisters with sleeping tablets through the help of his mother. For a stance he knew, Shuraim loved Jannat. Farah's obsession with him won't bring anything good.

Suhera was scared. What if Aalam Hashim shows up in the middle of the wedding and announces that she was his son's wife? There would be many politicians, celebrities, known names and in a minute her family's dignity would launch down like a rocket failing.

The media and the internet was blowing up with the pictures of Jannat and Shuraim's Mehendi ceremony. Each one of their family members were getting on magazines, newspapers and posts for mehendi inspiration this summer. Everyone expected this blow up after all it's Shuraim Baig's and Jannat Malik's wedding which nobody had speculated a few days ago.

Still, the paparazzi were standing outside the mansions of the enlightened Baig and Malik family. The mansions were blooming like a lighthouse. The lights were bright and shining. Inside, the mansion, lights, flowers, decorations, long screens had changed the vision of the house. It looked auspiciously grand and amazing.

Jannat looked at herself for the nth time as Ayla did her makeup and Zoya did her hair. She winced when Zoya put a hair pin near her bun. "It's not easy, meri jaan." She grunted. "You have been angry with me since yesterday, Zoya." Jannat removed Ayla's hands for a while as she was doing her lipstick and turned around to her. "I will go away today."