27 ● Reception

Nothing can happen to you as long as your hand is entwined with mine
It wasn't surreal or unique.

Nothing can happen to you as long as your hand is entwined with mineIt wasn't surreal or unique

It was beautiful and unbelievably strong. Shuraim and Jannat couldn't ask for more. For a moment, it felt dreamy to them but at the same time their happiness in reality was conquered.

He stared at her with love in his eyes for her. She gazes down, shy. Dolled up in a beautiful beige gown with silver works embedded in the very embroidery of the attire, a beautiful silver necklace with matching earrings made her look more graceful. She was looking breathtaking with a glint of brown matte makeup.

More to adore the couple, he looked no less than a prince himself. A black blazer with black shirt accompanied just with a black pant. His attire screamed power, gratitude and undebatable. If he walked in a room, he knew exactly what he wanted. People were scared of him. But their fear towards him always confused her. She wasn't ever scared of him.

"If I had known, my life would have become so beautiful with your presence, I would have always been happy."

His words. They weren't just words or emotions. They came straight out of his heart like an arrow too beautiful to neglect, too heavy to get pierced with and too light that scares it might fly away.

"Thank you for being mine. You look stunning as always. I could stare at you all day long and still won't get tired."

"Let's keep it a dare for sometime. Let's see if you can stare at me all day long." She jokes. "Of course that day isn't so far away. Canada is a home we will spend together and my vision is just for you."

She giggled, holding his hand. "You are an amazing husband, Shuraim. Thank you for coming into my life. I love you!"

He held her hand tighter. It was the first ever time she confessed. It was absolutely unreal for him. He pecked on her forehead saying, "I love you too."

They started walking out together. Hand in hand together, so much in love and she looked so fine that he was losing himself  to believe that she is his wife. He held her hand tighter every time she inhaled nervously. So many people were there at the reception.

Of course, it was the grand reception of Mafia's upcoming king, the first heir of the Baig's, the raging industrialist and a millionaire, Shuraim Baig with the first daughter of first son of the Malik's, her mother was the famous architect in Pakistan with her entire family leading their huge family business. Jannat Malik. She was their daughter. She was looked after tenderly and was loved by too many as the first granddaughter.

Rumana held the glass of water, tighter gazing at the couple. She wasn't angry. She was scared now. Scared for Shuraim's life. No matter how much she hates him for a few reasons, he is still her son. Everything was accompanying her head. She was scared for Shuraim and angry at Jannat for Taimoor.

On the other hand, Suhera admired this couple. She had no idea what was going on in her mother's mind nor did Rumana know what efforts Suhera had given for the togetherness of this couple.