11 ● Moon Light

Everyone falls in love with darkness

━━━━━◆᯽︎◆━━━━━

The night was growing darker with each passing second, soothing the fidgety souls of the world

The night was growing darker with each passing second, soothing the fidgety souls of the world. The calm halycon tinged in the vast sky. Crescent moon witnessed them walking under illumination. An intermediate span amongst them. The stilly road with no one peeking around made the soundless whispers of wind more delightful.

"The sky," she broke the quiet walk. "It didn't turned blue before turning into darkness this evening."

Her voice sounded cheerful. Frenzied at the thought of asking him. The top of the things was that she won against him. The sound of his chuckle deafened her ears, Jannat snapped into his direction. "I won, didn't I?"

"The conviction from my heart always makes sure to fail me," he says gazing at the planetoid that walked along with them. The hard surface beneath felt warm and arduous. "However, I am content you won..."

"Does it even matters that if you or I win? We have to spend the life together. There will be times when we had to win over the other but we will know that winning doesn't even matter because we are in this together."

He nodded at her words. Their was an undeniable piece that hushed around the silent roads of Lahore. "And I can't wait to let you win all the time just like now..."

"Good thing!" She paused, "So, may I ask my question?"

They stood still in the middle of the road and at the hour of the middle of the night. The night had scurried the most important part of it. A spark of hesitation that shone in her eyes, he could read it all. They stared into the oceans they were falling for. He nods.

"Do-" she stopped, gazing here and there to remove the nervousness that heated the beats of her heart. "Do you still-"

She sighed as the nerves hiked up making her take a deep breath. "Don't hesitate. There is no room for hesitation after our engagement," he encouraged.

Staring at his eyes, she gathered courage that Shuraim had in his eyes, "Do you still love Farah?"

Nothing.

She saw absolutely nothing in his eyes, made her believe that he didn't loved Farah anymore yet she knew first love is first love no matter how many times they break your heart.

Their eye contact broke when his travelled to the other side. A pinch of fear binded knots in Jannat's stomach, she started to regret asking him such question but deep down she wanted to know. He sighed. Her heart started beating fastly and she began, "You don't have to answer if you don't wan-"

"I loved her."

She gazed at him. Her heart twisted at his answer. Sadness quenches her stomach when she heard. "He loved her."