28 ● Betrayed

How can a heart break without hurting?

Suhera and Jannat ran behind Shuraim who practically dragged Ahsan after punching him thrice in the face

Suhera and Jannat ran behind Shuraim who practically dragged Ahsan after punching him thrice in the face. Blood was already oozing out near his mouth yet he didn't say anything. "Bhai please. Listen to me once?"

She was a crying mess by now. Jannat did not understand what was happening and Shuraim had no idea why Ahsan came to her room. He thought that he came to her room just to threaten her again. But all in all the more confusing thing to Shuraim was Ahsan's silence.

They descended down the stairs. Shuraim threw Ahsan across the couch. His head was about to hit the side of the tea table.

"How dare you enter her room?"

"Bhai listen to-"

"What happened, Shuraim?" Ali entered the hall with Rumana from the dining. Concern ran over his forehead until he gazed over at Ahsan. "What is he doing here?"

"Seems like he needs a well treatment, Baba. It's the second time he invaded her personal space. It's the second time he came to her room."

Ali gritted his teeth but didn't say anything instead he called over his men.

"Take him to the basement."

Suhera's eyes bulged out. She knew exactly how he would be treated there. They will leave him out only when he will beg for death. They'll not kill him but will destroy everything in him. Suhera couldn't let it happen.

"Baba, he didn't came to my-"

"Stop saving him, Suhera. I know him better than you. I know you just don't want him to get hurt. The world is not a sweet palace." Ali says, walking out with Shuraim and a few men dragging him towards the exit of the mansion.

At this point, Suhera was crying. She sat in the middle of the living room. Crying her eyes out because her father and brother wouldn't listen. Jannat sat beside her. "Suhera. Don't cry. Everything will be fine. Baba and Shuraim will take care of it."

She kept crying. Rumana held her by her arms. Dragging her up to stand. "Stop crying, Suhera. Why are you crying for him?"

"Ammi, Shuraim Bhai will nearly kill him. He was angry over him the last time. I don't want Bhai to kill anyone or beat him because of me."

"It's not because of you, sweetie. Ahsan came to your room."

"You have no idea what's been happening, Ammi. Just tell me the passcode of the basement. Please."

"You know Ali and Shuraim hate it when us ladies invade the basement. You know how horrible it is."

Jannat was confused but she certainly had an idea. By the way, Shuraim was angry and she knew it wasn't slow or it wasn't a normal thing. Suhera kept weeping. She couldn't mouth anything. She absolutely had no courage to bring out the truth. They might really kill him and she doesn't want someone to die because of her.