Car (Alice)

Y/n x Alice Macray

TW: shit parents, alcohol, hints of homophobia... nothing to bad it's kind of fluffy smut

Having your mother be apart of the STOP ERA movement meant being dragged around giving the appearance of a happy home. That could not be further from the truth, my mother is a closeted alcoholic who lives in denial while my father is a deadbeat cheater who's home maybe 2 days out of the week. It was at he day of one of my mothers rally's where her "icon" would make an appearance Phyllis I think her name was? I didn't care about that all I cared about was getting to see Alice.

Alice was a sweetheart every time I was dragged along to these dumb things I would usually hang out with her.

"Y/n! We leave in five please dress nice!" My mother yelled from downstairs, I just finished apply my last bit of makeup and remove a few curlers from my hair and then headed down stairs. "Come on we are going to be late! I still have to get these signs up!" I just roll my eyes and grab a few signs and get into the car.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.Skipping the drive•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

As we arrive and make our way out of the car to meeting place and start handing signs out to Phyllis loyal followers. My mom leans closer and whispers, "be on your best behaviour or else I won't let you ruin things like you did last time!" I try to hide my laughing and just nod my head.

My mom walks off leaving me alone, I feel a light tap on my shoulder and I turn around and see Alice. I smile, "Alice! I was nervous you weren't coming!" Alice has being acting off recently ever since the a few rally's ago. "Hello sweet girl! How have you been?" Alice asks pulling me into a hug. "Better now you are here". Alice just laughs takes my hand and we walk around the whole rally talking and laughing odd chanting.

As time passed it's getting late and Alice and I are sitting on the grass while people are throwing speech in the background. I take Alice's hand and intertwine our fingers as I lean into her and rest my head on her shoulder.

"It's extraordinary isn't it..." , "what is y/n?" Alice says placing her head on top of mine. "How the times are changing so quick, and we get to witness it, live it! I just think it's crazy to think what the world will look like in 10 years how much things will change! We as women are so powerful, it's amazing what we can do it we stand together! Gotta love women" Alice squeezes my hand and laughs. "You are right y/n we are living in history! We should regroup soon people are going to start heading home soon."

Alice moves to get up I miss her touch already. If it wasn't obvious I had a crush on Alice, I know nothing can ever become of it. It will forever just be an 'innocent' crush.

Alice holds her hand out I grab it and she helps me up. As we walk back it was silent but comfortable silence. Reaching the meeting point I can't seem to find my mother. I see one of my mothers closer friends and ask her if she has seen her. "Oh hon she left an hour ago, she said she wasn't feeling well." Aka she drank to much and forgot about me...again.

I see Alice's car and noticed she hasn't left so I look around for her. "Hey Alice! I have a question, if I give you gas money would you be able to drive me home?" "Oh of course wheres your mom? And you don't need to give me money it just means I can spend more time with you." "She's is drun- I mean fell ill during the rally and left." Alice face showed concern but I just awkwardly smiled hopping she wouldn't question it.

Alice leads me to her car, we got in and drove off. "About what you were saying earlier y/n, about women." "Yes what about it?" I ask where is she going with this? "You were passionate on the subject I just have a question..." I just laugh to break the tension she seems so nervous. "Yes Alice? You can ask me anything you know?" Alice just smiles and finally spits it out. "Are you a you know...is that why you have never had a boyfriend. I mean being 20 and single at this point in you life I just wonder?" Omg omg omg don't panic! Shit shit shit!