We are who we are when no one's around.

Millie's pov:-

Y/n texted me to come over to her house, right after I dropped her off. She said that it couldn't be said over the phone. Currently I was standing outside her house as I heard her footsteps come closer to open the door.

"Heyyy M-Millie.", y/n said, rather nervously. wait- is this about the talk that we left incomplete earlier? or i don't know.

"Come in.", she said and I went in.

"so first of all, don't think I'm weird.", she started but I cut her off.

"y/n I could never think you were weird. but when you say its so important that it cannot be said over the phone, I kind of have an idea what this is about.", I said, reassuring her.

She seemed relieved.

"Come to the kitchen counter, I made you pancakes.", she said as I followed her to the kitchen table.

"Aww these are heart pancakes! and the red strawberry sauce adds something else!", I said, looking at her. They were literally so cute.

"Added something good, I hope.", she said, looking at me.

"of course."

I took a fork to cut a piece and stuffed it into my mouth.

"wow. taste a bit", I said as I fed her a little piece.

"these are great", I said, taking another bite.

"no shit. go, me.", y/n said, widening her eyes.

"so, what did you want to talk about?", I asked her.

"right. about that.", she cleared her throat.

"Millie. Sunshine. I know we're just friends but for you I'll do whatever. I still can't believe we are not together yet. And I wanna play it cool, but I feel like I might lose you. I'll buy you anything. I'll buy you any ring. I'll do whatever makes you feel happy.", she paused and took my hands and looked into my now teary eyes.

"so I'm asking you Millie. Millie Bobby Brown, will you be my girlfriend?", she finished, a hopeful look in her eyes.

The moment brought me such joy that I cannot explain. I nodded my head vigorously 'yes' and I saw her smile. I felt her lips on mine and I kissed back.

After a moment we pulled away.

"Wow so you're my girlfriend now.", y/n said, looking flushed. but cute.

"and you're mine.", I said, smiling.

"Girlfriends. Wow it feels so nice to say that.", she said.

"yeah and I have a super talented girlfriend who can make pancakes, produce music, sing and do whatever a perfect woman could.", I said taking another bite of her amazing pancake.

"Shut up, love, that's all you.", she said.

"OH AND ALSOOO", she started shouting.

"woah, what?", I asked, confused.

"our. ship. SOAH. HAS. SAILEDDDD!!!", y/n said, excited.

"WHAT? OMG YESSSSS!!", I said, excited to know that Skye and Noah finally got together.

"also wait a second, sunshine.", y/n said.

"hm?"

"what are we going to do about media? the public? our fans? are we going to come out to them or...?", she trailed off.

"I think it's best to keep our personal lives private.", I said. Coming out as bisexual is difficult enough and if they hurt y/n I'll have to go kill them.

"yeah it's best to do so, I think. At least for now. We can come out when the time comes." y/n said, thinking about the matter.

"then we're good friends on camera. And then, we are who we are when no one's around.", I said.

"we are who we are when no one's around.", she smiled and said.

I smiled back. What did I do to deserve such a wonderful girlfriend?

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

sorry for the short chapter 😩