see you again.

y/n's pov:-

i squeezed my eyes shut up, waiting for the bullet to pierce through my skull.

But it never happened? I opened my eyes an inch and suddenly someone from behind hit mr. l/n hard on the head. he fell on the floor, unconscious .

I gasped and looked around to see...Jayden? Jayden was standing behind Mr. l/n's unconscious body, a metal rod raised above his head.

"STOP RIGHT THERE, WHOEVER THE BLOODY HELL YOU ARE", Mrs, Crandall said and aimed the gun at Jayden.

Jayden stood there unmoving and all of us kids watched in horror.

Suddenly someone unfastened my chains. I looked up.

"BRIAN?"

all heads immediately turned towards us.

"...Brian?", Mr. Crandall said. he certainly did not expect this. neither did I.

"yes dad.", Brian said, now unfastening Skye. Skye looked dumbstruck and very surprised.

"but why?", Mr. Crandall asked, his expression changing from surprise to sadness.

"you never thought of telling me? you never thought of telling me what I was getting myself into? I thought what you were doing was some family business! Did you really think that I'd join a cult?", Brian yelled at them. wow.

"no no no son this is a company-"

"save it. I was right outside. I heard everything.", Brian revealed.

Using this moment of distraction, Jayden hurried towards us.

"let's go let's go let's go", he said and we jumped out of the chairs.

"y/n!", Millie ran up to me and I grabbed her hand.

"hurry up!", Jayden said as we took off towards the opposite direction of what we came from.

"STOP THEM! STOP THEM AT ONCE!", Mrs. l/n screamed.

The robed men took after us.

"run fast and far, I'll hold them back for a while", Jayden instructed us.

"but you-"

"JUST GO!"

after a moment of hesitation we took off once more, constantly throwing glances backwards to check up on Jayden.

I heard footsteps catching up with us.

"Brian?"

"...yeah I'll be in the front for you people", he said and stood in front of us, protectively.

Guards and robed men swarmed around us. Jayden reached us, his metal rod still raised. How long could a metal rod hold against these guns?

Eventually we were in a circle with me, Millie, Skye and Noah in the middle, Jayden behind and Brian in the front.

"are we going to make it, love?", Millie whispered to me, teary eyed.

"of course we will. have faith.", I said, trying to help her gain confidence but I myself wasn't sure whether we were making it or not.

"you've been caught once more. with additions now.", mr. Crandall's voice boomed in the hallway. my eyes locked with Skye's tormented eyes.

Another memory came back.

9 years ago

"Skye you cannot stay here like this", I whispered to her, hiding in her attic.