•birthday surprise•

Y/n's pov:-

"Sorry dude", Noah said

"hey no it's okay, you'll be there the whole day tomorrow! today night is fine, I'll live", I said, laughing. Noah just said that he and Skye won't be able to stay at 12:00 tonight to wish me for my birthday. And that was fine, they would come over tomorrow again.

"are you sure?", Skye asked me.

"positive", I said, smiling brightly. These two have helped a lot after my breakup, it was only fair that I let them live their life too.

"Okay then, thanks"

"stop thanking me shitheads"

"omg ok"

-

"I'll get the mini espresso or something", I said, waving my hand casually.

"is that even a thing?"

"no? then get whatever."

"okay-"

The day went by without any exciting incidents until noah and skye left.

"bye y/n"

"we'll see you tomorrow"

"yeah sure, nuggets.", i said, letting them go, giving them both a hug.

After they left i sat on the couch with a bag of popcorns and started watching some weird tv show. Well, i just kept the tv on to not feel lonely. I pulled out my phone and saw the time. 10:30 pm. Eh, what was i even gonna do staying up till 12:00? I was home alone and its not like anyone was throwing me a party at midnight. 

I switched the tv off and pulled the curtains close, switching off all the lights. It was pouring outside. Weirdly enough it always rains either on my birthday or before it. im not even surprised at this point. I just decided to go to bed. I was too bored to do anything.

While going up to my room i bumped into something in the dark. Oh, my synthesiser. I switched a little light on and looked around. How on earth did i reach my music room? But since i did reach it, i felt a little urge to sing. Never was able to say no to a little bit of music. 

i sat on the chair and held a chord on the synthesiser. 

"im going under and this time i fear there's no one to save me.
This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy"

"i need somebody to heal, somebody to know.
somebody to have, somebody to hold.
its easy to say, but its never the same,
i guess i kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain"

I stopped singing because of the knot forming in my throat. again. i was annoying myself now. i suddenly heard a small, tired voice sing the chorus. 

"now the day bleeds...into nightfall...
and you're not here to get me through it all.
i let my guard down, and then you pulled the rug,
i was getting kinda used to being..."

Millie.

she stopped singing and i finished the chorus, "someone you loved...."

I played the finishing chord, my eyes never leaving hers. Her pained eyes.

"s-sunshine?", I said, my voice trembling. It was so nice to see her again. She gave me a rather wet smile, biting her lip. I realised that she was totally soaked from top to bottom.