24

Bella's POV
I woke up in my bed but I don't even remember getting here. I went down to the great hall and sat down. After breakfast, I head to the forbidden forest for some peace and quiet since it's Sunday. I was walking down further into the forest when I spot Luna and Harry. I went over to them and saw a unique looking creature Luna was feeding. "What is that" I ask amazed. "You can see it?" Worry lacing in Harry's voice. "Yeah why wouldn't I?" I walk towards the creature. "Bella you can only see them if you've seen death" Luna explains. "But I haven't, or at least I don't think so" I turn around to look at them. I turn back around to the creature and walk towards it more. It looks at me then slowly comes towards me. I lay a hand on its head and if snuggles more into my hand.

"BELLA! Bella are you coming?" Harry shouts. "W-what? Going where?" I ask. "For dinner"
"No I'm gonna stay here" I smile. Luna places a bag of food down beside me and tells me that's what they eat and their called Thestrals. They both go back to the castle for dinner while I just sat there. "How are you little guy?" I ask and the Thestral lays its head on my lap. "I feel bad for calling you a creature so I'm gonna call you...clay?" It's then looks like it's shaking it's head and makes a noise to say they don't like it, I guess? "Ok ok ok...star?" It makes a noise again to say they don't like it. "Ohhh I know, mist" I say after a few seconds. They snuggle into my lap more. "Mist it is then" I smile.

Harry's POV
As I was walking back to the castle with Luna, I couldn't help think, how does Bella see the Thestral? "Luna?" I ask. "Yes"
"Why do you think Bella can see the Thestrals?" I question. "Well you can only see them if you've seen death so she must have seen someone die" she replies and walks off because she found a pair of her shoes. I went to the great hall and sat next to Ron and Hermione, with Ginny opposite me. "Where's my sister?" Ginny asks. "I actually wanted to talk to you about that"
"Is she ok" she frowns. "She's fine"
"So what's up"
"It's better if I show you" As me and Ginny were walking out of the great hall, with Hermione and Ron behind us, Malfoy approaches us. "Where's your sister?"
"What is it to you Malfoy?" Ron growls. "I tutor her you dimwit" he spits. "Just come with us" Ginny butts in. We all start walking again with Malfoy following us and approach the forbidden forest. Everyone looks at me weirdly. "Oh just follow me" I scoff and walk into the forest with them following me.

When we get to where Bella is, she's sleeping while leaning on the Thestral. "Do you guys see that?" I ask. "See what" Ron replies. I look at everyone and they are all confused. "Right there" I point to the creature. "Is a Thestral, you can only see it if you've seen death" I explain. "What does this have to do with Bella?" Ginny question "Bella can see it" me and Hermione speak together once she's figured it out. "But she hasn't seen death" Ginny replies. "She must have" Draco walks forward. "You can see them?" I wonder. "Well no, but I've heard about them" he responds.

We all walk back to the castle trying to figure out how she can see them. We went to the great hall to finish eating and split ways from Draco. Bella then walks in and sits beside Ginny. "Hey guys" she says. "When have you seen death?"

Bella's POV
"When have I see-ohhh" I sigh and just shrug my shoulders. "We need to ask mum" Ginny demands. "I'll send her a letter tonight" I smile.

As we're walking out of the great hall, Draco comes up to me. "Sup ferret boy?" I greet. "Don't call me that" he spits. "Ok. Sup bleach blond"
"Go back to ferret boy. Anyway, where are we tutoring?"
"Do we really have too?" I whine. "Yes we do"
"Fine, come to my dorm at 8:00 because I've go detention"
"How do I get in the common room?" He asks. "Wait outside the door and wait for me" He nods and walks away.

—————
Time skip
—————

Detention was terrible. I had to write 150 lines and now at least half of my arm is full of them. I walk up to the common room and see Draco waiting outside for me. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia" I mumble and the painting swings open. I walk in with Draco following me and everyone shot him a death stare. "Keep looking at him like that and you'll have no eyeballs left" I spit and they all look away. We walk up to my dorm and I open the door for us both to go in. "'1 minute. Don't touch anything" I say and walk in to the bathroom. I change into something more comfortable and walk back out to see Draco staring at my wall. "What ya looking at?" I jump on my bed. "Did you write this?" He turns around and steps aside so I can look at what he's looking at.

It takes the same amount of time
To fall in love
And get over love

I nod my head and he comes and sitting on the bed as well. "Dray?" He looks at me. "Hmm?"
"Do you believe in love?" I ask. "I do"
"Why?" I question. "Why wouldn't it exist. There are lodes of couples in the world who are in love"
"Yeah I know but do you believe it actually love?" I lay down. "Of course it's actually love" he lays dow beside me. "Have you ever been in love?"
"I think so" he whispers. "Have you?"
"I don't know. How do you know your in love?" I question and look up. "Well it's the person you would do anything for. The person who you would give you life up for. The person who you can't seem to forget about and the person who alway come back into your life no matter how much you've pushed them away. They always have your back and pick you up. There like a guardian angel. They know when your at your weakest and about to break. There not the ones that you notice give you attention, it's the person who quietly observes you and makes sure your always happy. It's like a promise that made to themselves when they lay eyes on you. They cry when you cry, smile when you smile, and laugh when you laugh. It's like if your not happy, the world is ending for them and if your happy, everything's right in the world and they forget about all there problems" he turns to look at me but I'm already starting at him with my mouth partly open, shocked about what he just said. "Wow she must be a lucky person"
I say and look back up.

Little did you know, you were the person he was talking about.