40

Draco's POV
I wake before Bella and started to stroke he hair with my fingers. She flutters her eyes open and I smile. "Hi baby" I whisper. She turns away her back is facing. "Please baby, just look at me. Please. I love you" I plead. I hear a quiet sob and some light sniffles. "You could of killed him" she cry's, her voice hardly above a whisper. I grow confused. What is she talking about. "Who baby?" I ask and try to reach out for her but when I touch he, she jumps. "Don't touch me" she cry's weakly. She sniffles and scrunches into a ball. "Who did I nearly kill baby?" I ask again. "He stopped breathing for 10 seconds" she ignores my question and starts to shake. "I was so scared" she whispers, still shaking. "Who baby, who?" I turn her around and her eyes have red rings around them. "My brother" she whispers and let out another painful sob. I widen my eyes and my breathing stops. "W-what?" I choke out and she just cry's more. "What happened baby?" I rap my arms around her and she doesn't fight back. "A love potion..." she trails off. I am confused at first but then it all clicks. He drank a love potion, when to Slughorns and drank the drink he was supposed to give to Dumbledore.

My shirt is soaked whit tears, a mix of hers and mine and I gently place a light kiss on her forehead. "I'm so sorry Bella" I whisper and she sniffles. "Please say something" I cry and she stay quiet. "Anything" I whisper. "Why?" She lifts her head to look at me. "What?" I look at her confused. "Why did you do it?" She speaks and looks me in the eye. "It wasn't me-" I start but get cut off. "Yeah I know, it was meant for Dumbledore, but how did Slughorn get it?" She says sassily. "I gave it to him to give to Dumbledore" I whisper.

"I can't do it anymore" I whisper and a tear spills out of my eye. "When I try, someone else gets hurt. This is my fault" I cry and then break down. "Shhh, it's ok baby" Bella takes me into her arms and gently rocks me back and forth. "I'm a terrible person, how can you love me?" I sniffle. "Your not a terrible person Dray, your just broken, and I see that in you" she whispers while playing with my hair. "You shouldn't. you shouldn't see the broken part of me. You shouldn't love me. You should hate me. For god save Bella, I nearly killed your brother. What makes me special? What's to say I die, no one will notice I'm gone. In fact, the world would be better if I'm gone-" I ramble. "Please stop" she cries and hugs me tighter. "Don't talk like that. I love you, nothing can change that. You make the world a better place for me. You special because you're the only person I can love. Remember, in the past, present, and future" she cries and points to my ring. "In the past, present, and future" she whispers again and kissed my head. "Past, present, and future" I smile slightly and look up to meet Bella's eyes and rest my forehead against hers.
"In the past-"
"Present-"
"And future"
We link pinky's and I pull her in for a soft kiss. I don't know what I would do without this girl.

We sped the rest of the day cuddled in bed. I know the death eaters will be here soon since the cabinet is fixed, thanks to Bella. It will take less than 3 days for them to get here, And when they do, I'll be a murderer.

They plan on coming on Tuesday, it's now Sunday night so in 38 hours, they will be here if everything goes according to plan.

I can tell that non of my family like Bella except my mum. My dad doesn't like her because she's a Weasley and my aunt doesn't like most people so I'm not surprised she doesn't like her, I just hope that changes.

——————————-

Bella's POV
The next morning, Ron gets out of the hospital and Hermione tells me that Ron and lavender broke up. "Finally" I sigh and roll my eyes. "Now you can get with him" I whisper but she doesn't hear. We all go to our classes but, according to Harry, Hermione and Ron, Draco wasn't in any of them.

We all go to lunch and I look over to the Slytherin table but I can't find Draco anywhere so I start to panic. What if there here already? Surely Draco would of told me if they were. I take a huge chug of my drink and my leg starts to shake. "Are you ok?" Ginny asks from beside me. "Great" I face smile and turn back to my food. I push it around my plate because I'm too nervous to eat.

We all go to our dorms and head to bed. I don't get any sleep, partly because Draco isn't here but mostly because of the nerves. I look over to Ginny and she's fast asleep, if only she knew what was going to happen. I feel sorry for her, she obviously likes Harry and he's the one the Dark Lord wants dead.

————————-

The next morning, we're all sitting in the great hall, when Draco comes up to me and whispers in my ear.

"There here"