38

"DRAY YOU READY!?" I shout, trying to tug my luggage down the stairs. "Let me help dear" a voice sneers behind me. I turn around, nearly getting whiplash, to see Lucius with a grin on his face. "O-oh, no it's ok Mr Malfoy" I smile, confused on why he's being kind to me. "Nonsense" he spits and grabs my luggage harshly. We both get to the bottom of the stairs and he slams my luggage down. "Thank you Mr Malfoy" I smile uneasily. I turn around and as
I'm about to go back upstairs, a painful stabbing pain hits my shoulder. I look at my shoulder to see a metal snake head with the teeth sunk into my skin. "Make the most of the time with my son, you never know when he might...slip...under your fingers" he sneers in my ear and unlatches his cane from my shoulder.  Quietly, I let out a painful grunt when the teeth are being pulled from my skin and Lucius walks off.

Draco walks down the stairs with his luggage in hand and smiles at me. "Ready to go love?" He asks. I put on a fake smile and tangle my fingers with his. "Let's go"

When we get to the station, we get onto the train and find a compartment. We spot Pansy, her girlfriend from Hufflepuff, Blaise, Crabe, and Goyle talking to each other in a compartment and walk in. When we sit down, I snuggle into Draco to steal some of the warmth of his body. Everyone starts talking to each other while I keep thinking about what Draco's farther said.  'Make the most of the time with my son, you never know when he might...slip...under your fingers'  What does it mean? Is he trying to tell me something? It's obvious he doesn't like me and thinks Draco deserves better. Maybe he does. Maybe I'm not good enough.

Well that's not true otherwise why would he be going out with you?
Maybe he felt sorry for me?

Oh honey, we both know that's not true.
Do we tho?

I shake the thought out of my head and try to focus on my surroundings. The scenery. The smell of stick sweets and a hint of grass, like every year. The cushioned sets that have a slight warmth to them. The wooden shelf's that creak every once in a while. The windows with a couple small cracks in the corners. Nothings changed. I then look at the people around me. Pansy and her girlfriend, flirting and laughing. Blaise, talking to Crabe and Goyle about god knows what. And my boyfriend, who's staring at me. Everything's go-wait. Why is he staring at me. Oh god. What do I do? What do I do?

Act natural.
Shut the fuck up, you don't know shit.

Hurtful.
Good.

I flash him a smile and lean into him more, trying to look natural but failing terribly. "You alright?" He whispers in my ear. "Fine, you?" "Great" he replies and lays his head on my head.

"Umm, Bella?" Pansy asks worriedly. "Yeah?"
"You might want to look at this" she says and passes me the daily profit. As I read it I can feel the blood draining from my face.

The Weasley home burnt down by death eater

That's wha the headline says with a moving picture of it. I take a deep breath in and look out the window. I feel someone take the paper out of my hands but don't bother to look. After a few seconds, a hand snakes around my waist and pulls me in. I instantly feel warmer and burry my head into his chest so no one sees me crying.

—————————

"Guys, wake up" I hear a voice whisper. I open my eyes slightly to see Pansy standing in front of us and her girlfriend in the doorway. I hear a low yawn and turn my head up to look at Draco. I kiss his jaw and hold my hand out for Pansy to take and pull me up. When I get up, I help Draco up and he grabs both our luggage. We all catch up to the others and I tangled my fingers with Draco's.

We all split up to go to our tables once we get into the great hall. I go to Gryffindor, pansys girlfriend goes to Hufflepuff and the rest go to Slytherin. When I get there, I sit next to Ginny and we hug. "Are you ok?" I ask. "I'm fine"
"Is everyone else?"
"Don't worry, no one was hurt" Relief flood over me and I start to eat. "I have to tell you something" she whispers in my ear. "What is it?"
"I'll tell you in our dorm" she replies.

We dig into our food and then go back to the dorms. Draco comes over to mine a Ginny's to have a 'sleepover' you could say.

We both have a shower and I put Draco's hoodie on. I come out and see Draco in just his joggers and run over to kiss him. "Alright love bird, no more kissing while I'm here" Ginny barges into the room and I huff. We both climb into bed and cuddle with each other.

"Bella. Pstt, Bella are you awake?" I hear a whisper just as I was about to drift of to sleep. "Well I am now" I groan and turn in Draco's grasp to see Ginny staring at me. "Wha-"
"Me and Harry had a moment" she rushes it before I can finish asking. "What?" I squeal. Draco moves around and snuggles move into me. I kiss him on the cheek and turn back to Ginny. "What happened?" I whisper trying not to wake Draco. "I nearly kissed him" she whisper-shouts. "Wait really?"
"But then the house caught on fire"
"About that, what happened" I ask and she starts to tell me what happened.