33

Bella's POV
I didn't get back to sleep for the rest of the night so I just listened to Draco's soft breathing and read a book.

I saw Draco stir awake. His eyes softly fluttered open and as soon as they meet mine, he smiles at me. "Morning" he whispers in a sleepy voice. "Hi Dray" I smile and hop out of bed. We both decided to go to the room of requirements after dinner so no one notices. He gets out of bed and comes up behind me. He raps his hands around my waist and softly kisses my cheek and goes in the bathroom to get changed.

I was in the room of requirements after dinner, sitting on the sofa, while Draco wag getting something to put in the wardrobe. The door opens to reveal him and he walks in and to the wardrobe. I walk up next to him and give him a reassuring smile and he gently places the bird in the wardrobe and closes the door. Quietly, he mumbles a spell and opens the door to see the bird gone then softly smiles and closes the door. I stay silent as he mumbles the spell again and opens the door to see the bird laying down. I pick it up to see it not moving. Draco then breaks down crying and I hug him tightly while he leans a head on my shoulder. I rap my hands in his hair and slowly walk to the sofa.

"Get some sleep baby" I whisper as I place his head on my chest. "But I have to-" I cut him off "shhhh, go to sleep" I soothe and he slowly closes his eyes.

After a couple of minutes, I hear light snoring and look down to see Draco out like a light. Slowly, I move out of his grip and sneak out of the room. Slowly, trying not to get caught, I tiptoe into the library and go to the restricted section. I run my finger along the binding of the book and look at the tittle.

"The image of death'

'The girl forced into murder'

"The breathing dead'

I come to a holt seeing the threatening, curvy writing on the leather covered book in bold, deep letters.

'The twin vanishing cabinets"

Slowly, I slide it out from its place and hold it in my hands.  I run my fingers over the writing and slowly walk back to the room of requirements. When I enter, I see Draco still passed out on the sofa. I plop down on the floor and lean back on the sofa. As quietly as possible, I get some parchment paper, a quill, and ink. I flip through the book and jot down important information.

I hear Draco move around and I quickly shove the paper in my bag, hoping he didn't see. "What's that?" he says sleepily. "Nothing" I smile. "Let's go" I grab his wrist and speed walk out before he can say anything.

"Ok, bye, love you" I kiss him on the cheek and speed walk off to my dorm. When I get there, I collapse on the bed and Ginny comes up to me. "Hey sis" she sits on my bed. I move my head so it's on her lap and she strokes my hair. "I'm so tied right now" I rub my eyes. "Why don't you get some sleep?" She replies. "I can't" I smile weakly and go into the bathroom. I throw on Draco's baggy hoodie and walk out. I sit at my desk and get out the book. Reaching into my bag to get the paper, I lay it on the desk and carry on writing.

————————————

The next morning, I got ready and ran to the great hall and sat at the Gryffindor table. I quickly eat my food an rush out.

Draco's POV
I see Bella run out of the hall and decide to follow her. She leads me through staircases and bends. We stop at the 7th floor and she goes into the room of requirements. I sneak in and stand by the door, watching what she does. I see her figure by the wardrobe and she pulls a piece of paper out of her bag. She reaches into her bag again and gets out a bird? "Sorry" she whispers and puts the bird in the wardrobe. She looks at her paper and mumbles the spell I used. The door opens again and the bird is gone so she closes it again to mumble the spell. She takes a deep breath and opens the door. The bird came flying out like it was. She's done it. She gently smiles and so do I.

"How did you do that?" I ask and she jumps. "Umm research " she whispers while rubbing her eyes and yawning. "Did you sleep last night?" I walk to her. "no but im not-" she gets cut off by yawning again and looks at me. "That meant nothing"

---------------------

Bella's POV
"Happy birthday love"  Draco shouts when I walk out of the door the next morning. "Good morning to you too" I reply grumpily because Ginny made me get up at 6:00 and I only got to sleep 5 minutes ago. We all walk down to the common room and and sit on the sofa. I sink into it and don't plan on moving. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS" Ginny shouts from behind me and I fall of the couch. I just lay there, not bothering to move. Everyone laughs and I just scrunch into a ball on the floor. Draco picks me up and sets me on the couch with my head on his lap a and starts to stroke my hair.

Ginny was opening all her presents as I just snuggle more into Draco's lap. I nearly fell asleep when Fred and George pick me up. "Your turn" they say together.