[24] Osamu and Samurai

Skipping some time here.

Megumi- 7

Naruto and Sasuke- 5 (haven't turned 6 yet)

•••••

Megumi pov

"Megumi!" Sensei called out making me look up from the test we were doing

"A message from Hokage-sama." Confused I caught the scroll sensei threw at me and read it.

Naruto....

That was all I read before I stood up and got ready to leave. I created a clone to sit in my place and sensei excused me.

I ran tracking his chakra until I found him in the forest surrounded by older kids.

"Monster!"

"Freak!"

"Demon child!" They yelled laughing at him as he curled into himself.

"Hah...?" I made my presence known as I stood on a branch releasing my chakra.

The boys spun right before they dropped to their knees from the pressure they felt under my chakra. They looked up at me in fear.

"Nani...? I didn't hear you properly...what were the names you called him?" They shook more as my hair floated up flowing behind me in a slow menacing manner.

"N,no..."

"Ah?" I titled my head stepping off the branch and landing right before the boy. "What was that?" He froze sweating more than he was before.

I stood up humming softly. I walked to behind them kicking the tallest one down and keeping my foot on his back. The other boys scurried away in fright trembling as they blocked their faces.

"Who told you that you can harm what is protected by me?" I snarled "He's not the one you should fear." I upped the chakra I was releasing "I am." For effect I placed a genjutsu on them where they could see a shadow monster behind me.

All of them screamed and scrambled to their feet as they ran away crying. I let the boy below me go and he ran off too none of them looking back.

"Tch." I huffed before I ran to Naruto who remained down. "Ruru, they're gone now." He didn't look up burying his face in my stomach.

"They...they said you didn't love me." His grip on my shirt tightened "They said I was too much of a monster to be loved. But, but I think they're wrong. Because...because..." he looked up at me tears going down his dirt stained face alongside the small cut on his face " Because nee-chan loves me, right!?" He whimpered eyes begging for confirmation.

I smiled lowering myself slightly to hug him back. I set my forehead on his rubbing our heads together as I wiped his tears away, mindful of his cut cheek.

"Of course I do. You're my Ruru. I told you that I'd love you no matter what. No matter if it's you and me against the world then so be it." I pulled away using the sleeves to wipe the dirt off his face "If I have to tell you a million times again then so be it. Naruto. I love you, you're my ototou and I'll stand by you. Even if I have to beat up everyone in the village to do so." He nodded burying his face back in my chest.

"Wow. I almost cried." My head snapped up and standing on a branch were two boys.

"Who're you?! What do you want?!" I glared.

"Calm down. We mean no harm." The one to speak was a boy with dark purple hair and pink eyes to match. His face held no expression but his eyes did. The one next to him grinned he had long black hair and brown eyes.

"So was it you?" The black haired boy asked.

"Huh?"

"That chakra? Was it yours?" He clarified.

"Nanda?"

"Your chakra is pretty strong you know. We could use you on our team." Seemed that wasn't part of the plan since the purple haired boy seemed just as surprised as I was.

"Nani!? We can't have a kid on our team!? And sensei wouldn't allow it."

"Ehh...that's not true! We got rid of that baka before so why not replace him with her?"

"Her chakra is strong that doesn't mean she has the skills we need on our team, Osamu." Now I knew the black head One's name.

The boys were older than me I could tell that but. Still, they looked younger than Tachi so they were between 8 - 10. They must be really strong too then to not still be in the academy and already have headbands.

"You understand I'm still here right?" I spoke up.

"Right, gomen.." the purple one turned to look at me again.

I bristled as I noticed a look in the two's eyes that told me they were going to do something. And they did. Before I knew it a hand was in my face and I got thrown to the ground but the purple one and Osamu took Naruto.

"Hey put me down! What are you doing!? Don't hurt her! Hey!! Leave her alone!!"

"You're really loud huh? Maybe I should drop you." I looked to where they were seeing Osamu on a high tree branch.

They were far enough off the ground that if he did drop Naruto he'd break something or get a concussion or die. Naruto is still small.

My eyes widened when I noticed him shifting. I gripped the purple boy's hand tightly then twisted it. I kicked him off me flipping him over my head and getting to my feet.

"Woah! You're-" Osamu's eyes widened as I appeared in front of him. "-fast!"

I did the same thing to him that his friend did to me. But instead of pushing him off the tree I shoved him into the tree's trunk so I could separate Naruto from him. When he let Naruro go I gripped the back of his shirt and spun us so we switched positions. This allowed me to kick the purple boy in his side and send him flying.

"Don't touch him." I glared at the two lifting Naruto into my arms and jumping off the tree. "You're staying with me tonight. How does omelet fried rice sound?" I asked Naruto.

"Can I draw with the ketchup this time?"

"Sure."

•••••

I breathed put slowly trying to keep my balance on the pole I sat on. It's harder than it looks I've already fallen three times. Now my arms hurt from landing on them. Just as I was about to settle down from finding a balance I was interrupted.

"Found you!" I opened my eyes in shock and falling back off the pole at how close Osamu was to my face. I landed on my back.

"Ite...ah what are you doing here!?" I groaned.

"We've been looking everywhere for you, you know! Why are you so hard to find when your chakra is so easy to sense?"

"Osamu, you need to stop running off during training. Sensei will hit you again you know." Purple boy who's name I still don't know stated as he jumped from a tree.

"Gomen gomen, I just felt her chakra and had to find her!"

"What do you want?" I frowned.

"Well first..." Osamu laughed nervously

"We wanted to apologize for the way we acted. We just wanted to see how you'd react to suddenly being pinned while we held your friend hostage."

"Nanda?"

"Right, right!" Osamu nodded "We also wanted to introduce you to our sensei so you can join our team!" He grinned.

"Eh??"