[55] Senju huh...

Megumi pov

Upon opening my eyes, the first thing I felt was soreness. If my throat wasn't so dry, I bet someone would have heard me curse.

Itachi... you didn't have to hit so hard... Unfortunately, I knew he did. To keep his distance, to protect us... Still didn't need the broken ribs and a concussion, though... Stupid nii-san! I raged only to wince as my breathing picked up suddenly.

After keeping my eyes closed for possibly 15 minutes or more, I finally opened them to face the blinding white walls of the hospital, but instead, I was greeted with worse...Osamu's face over mine.

Because I wasn't expecting it, my first reaction was to punch him in the face. Something that caused both of us pain.

"Ite! Oi! I come to see you and this is what I get!?" Now hunched over and leaning on my side, I had to glare up, and through my hair at this fool, I call my teammate and friend. The only thing that kept me from hopping off the bed to kick him through the window was Samurai.

"Baka. I told you to back up, didn't I?" Matsukawa sensei hit Osamu on the back of his head before he looked back at me smiling."I'm glad you're awake. Should I get a nurse? You seemed to have hurt yourself."

"Mm, I'm fine. How long has it been?"

"Two days. You needed the rest. Your chakra was almost depleted." I sighed

"I highly doubt my encounter with Itachi would have done that. I barely fought back..." Samurai sighed as he helped me to sit up

"You've been encountering a lot of people from your past these past two weeks. Next thing your great aunt is going to show up." I raised an eyebrow, giving him a closed eyed smile.

"You've got to be kidding me..."

"Haha, Ruru is on his way with the pervy sage to collect her as we speak."

"Ne, Megumi-chan. Do they really know everything?" Matsukawa sensei frowned. "About the way you were created?"

"You know, I never asked. All ANBU know I'm created by Orochimaru, but I don't think all know whose blood runs through me beside the obvious..."

"Right, so boys, during the chuunin exams, Megumi unlocked the byakugan."