[16] Fight for our lives

Third pov

"MEGUMIII!!!" Kakashi screamed not sure where to look.

All he wanted was an answer. He wanted her to make a noise, cry, scream, call for him, anything to help him locate her faster. Chakra was everywhere and the nine tails own overpowered everyone's else's, sensing her was useless!

"Kakashi!" Guy came running to him "Where's-?"

"I don't know! I can't find her!" Kakashi was anything but calm as he threw a large rock away. All he found under was her broken high chair.

"I shall look with you." Guy went off to the opposite side.

"Megumii!!" Kakashi called again "I'm here Gummi call for me!! I'll come get you!" He kicked another rock away. Nothing. "Come on Baby bear please!!" Another rock. Nothing.

Not this again! Anything but this again! Images flashed in his mind. Half of a body crushed. Blood, so much blood leaving him. Tears in his one good eye. Having no choice but to leave him there.

Well this time, he wasn't leaving.

"MEGUMI!!"

"Anii!!" Kakashi paused his enhanced hearing picking up something "Anii....WAHHHHHH!!! ANIII!!!"

Kakashi spun running to the center of the rubble as he and Guy followed the source of the wails.

"That's it baby keep crying! I'm here!" He placed chakra in his hands giving him the extra strength to send the rubble flying. Guy also assisted with moving the rubbles as fast as he could.

A minute too long for both teens passed before they managed to get the rubble off but...there was wood in their way now?

"Where did the wood..?" Kakashi trailed off shaking his head and pulling a kunai from his pocket "Doesn't matter."

He used his sharingan to see how far Megumi was from the wood and once he found a safe spot he began to cut it apart using his chakra enhanced kunai.

As he cut, Guy used his strength to pull away and together they managed to create a hole big enough to pull Megumi out of the wooden cage. Kakashi dropped his kunai and reached to grab his baby sister. He carefully pulled her from the nest and into his chest falling back as he did.

"Ssh. It's okay... you're okay baby, I've got you.." he held her tightly stroking her hair and kissing the top of her head to calm them both down.

He pulled away looking her over to check for injuries. Her arm was bleeding with a piece of wood wrapped around her wrist and thumb, she had a scratch under her right eye and was covered in dust but other than that no major injuries.

"Thank Kami...you weren't hurt..." he pulled her back to his chest sitting still.

Their moment of peace got interrupted by the Kyuubi's roar. Drawing all attention to him. Clicking his tongue Kakashi knew he had to go help try to capture the beast as well. Otherwise everything he wanted to protect will be gone.

"Guy! Take Gummi and keep.her.safe!" Kakashi stared down at his friend as he passed Megumi to him.

"Of course! No harm shall come to my youthful gem!!" For once Guy didn't strike a pose.

Kakashi nodded about to run off when tiny hands gripped onto his shirt.

"Don't leafe anii!!" Megumi held tightly to his clothes hot tears streaming down her face.

This is the most Kakashi has ever seen Megumi cry, the most he's seen her scared. Kakashi took her tiny hands pulling it away from his shirt. He held them in his lowering his height to be eye to eyes with her.