[19]Training

Megumi pov

"Come on my youthful gem! Only one more to go!" Guy-jisan encouraged 

"You said that five push-ups ago!" I whined as I dropped onto the floor, and rolled over onto my back. "What number is that?"

"Fifteen. Five more to go," nii-san stated from his place on a tree branch.

Huffing I went back into position and continued. Once I was finished I had to hit and kick a dummy for ten minutes, or until I made it to thirty-five hits on each arm and leg, whichever came first. When that was finished nii-san would transform into a kid my age and we'd fight. Or he would teach me how to fight.

"Right, before we begin, put these on" nii-san held up a weird leg warmer. He walked over kneeling and wrapping the warmer around my feet.

"Nii-san, what kind of leg warmers are these? They feel weird..." He looked up at me his transformed face doing a closed-eyed smile. I frowned knowing he was up to something but not knowing what it was.

"Try moving." I nodded but... I couldn't

"Eh? Why are my feet so heavy?"

"These, are weights. From now on you have to keep them on all the time and try to move around with them as if they are nothing. Now, let's begin." Nii-san got into his usual fighting stance.

.....

It's safe to say that I lost that fight easier than any other fight I've ever lost before. Moving with those weights we're a pain, but I had to. Nii-san said I had to train or else people will take me away from him, I'd rather they up the weights five more times than lose nii-san. 

Since I lost I went back to Guy-jisan. He made me do leg workouts to get me used to the weights. It was never boring training with him. He cheered for me and yelled praise every minute. I didn't need the praise, and I told him that but he insisted. I had to be able to high kick with the weights on, as well as jump over three fallen trees on top of one another. I barely did any and my legs burned but I made progress by nightfall so I was happy.

Too tired to move nii-san had to carry me home. Not that I was complaining, I loved to be in his arms. He's always warm... I fell asleep before we made it home.

.....

"Oba-san! Oba-san!!" I was running through the Uchiha compound heading right for the main house. Right as I reached the house I fell. Stupid weights. "Ita..." but I was too excited to care as I got to my feet again dusting myself off and running inside the house "Oba-san!!"

"In the kitchen." her voice rang out followed by her laughter. I ran to her location bouncing happily went I stood before Mikoto-obasan.

"What has you so excited today, Mei-chan?"

"I found him." I breathed out panting slightly from all that running

"Eh? Who?"

"Okaa-san's son." dishes crashed together in the sink as she had dropped the plate in her hands. With wide eyes, Mikoto-obasan stared down at me.

"You... remembered..?" she looked so shocked. I gave her a sad smile shaking my head no

"I never forgot..." she gasped covering her mouth. Mikoto-obasan knelt to my height.

"So all this time, you remembered the two of them?" I nodded

"Otou-san's face is on a wall, I can see him every day. And I have plenty of pictures with kaa-san I can look at all I want... but he doesn't. " I teared up "I promised I'd be there...that I'd be his aneki but I was too small to help him with anything. Kaa-san must be so sad seeing this..." I cried.

"Oh... sweetheart. You're only five years old, and you were one when you promised those things. We weren't expecting this outcome but still, we only meant for you to treat him like how you did for Sasuke." She patted my hair "I'm sure, Kushina is grateful for you finding him.."

I nodded wiping my tears and gave her a smile nodding back.

"Right! I'm here now, so I'll make sure to take care of him and love him just as much as kaa-san and tou-san did! With even more love because I have to make up for me too!" she laughed nodding at me.

"Good. Now, can you go check on Sasuke? I find he's rather quiet this morning?" nodding I ran out of the kitchen heading to Sasuke's room.

When I opened the door he was in the middle of the room tears in his eyes as he struggled to pull himself free from the mess he got himself into with his shirt. He was pouting massively! Giggling I opened the door fully, going over to the youngest Uchiha.

"Stuck huh?" he nodded and I moved to help him "Don't worry I got stuck lots of times too! nii-san had to help me and show me how to do it right lots of times. You'll get it soon." by the time I was done talking I had helped Sasuke place his shirt on correctly.

"Arigatou!" he beamed up at me. I nodded patting his navy blue hair softly "Will you play with me nee-san? Aniki isn't home yet." now that he mentioned it, I haven't seen Itachi...

"Oh? You're right... he's probably with some friends from his class." I smiled at Sasuke as we sat on his floor and began to play with his toy cars.

"Does that mean he doesn't want to play with me no more?" 

"Of course not!" I flicked him on his forehead making Sasuke drop his toy to rub it as his pout grew bigger "Tachi-nii loves you a lot! But he's older than us and maybe he made some friends that he likes to play with too. So that means you have to share Tachi-nii, ne?"

"Mmm..." Sasuke pushed out his lips as he squinted at me before he nodded " fine!" I giggled messing up his hair.

"Are you pouting Sasuke..?" my smile slowly began to widen as did his eyes. Sasuke dropped his stuffed toy and car ready to run out of the room. He didn't make it.

"No!!" I laughed getting hold of him and tickling his sides and under his feet.