[28] Threat

Third pov

"The hell do you think you're doing to a child?" A hand was gripping the drunken ninja's hand, stopping him from his act.

"Le' goo! I'm- I'm gonna kill him! He took! He took my famili from me!!" The ninja slurred getting shouts of agreement from the villagers behind him.

"Who did?"

"That demon fox!!" And he pointed at the curled-up Naruto.

"I see a child." Megumi kept her eyes on Naruto watching to see how much damage was done while she was gone.

"No! That thing is not a child that thing is a-" the civilian shouting gasped dropping to her knees.

The KI oozing out of the child before them was suffocating. Everyone dropped to their knees even the retired ninjas as they could no longer truly handle KI.

"Describe the fox to me." They did. Stating the nine tails, the red fur, the sharp canines, and the red eyes. "Then...do you see any of that on this child...?" They had no choice but to shake their heads no.

"It's in disguise! That monster!" The man got his face planted into the ground with an axe kick knocking him out from the double hit as his head bounced off the ground from the impact.

"Are you fools!?" More KI surged, chakra mixing in making the people flinch "Can you not tell the difference between a kunai and the scroll holding onto it!? Can you not see he is a six years old child, that you! Grown adults are beating!! You know he's alone, he lost his parents on that day too! What? Because you know the secret you think you have power over him, huh?" Her hair flew up "Disgusting. I have a mind to give you pain ten times that which you inflicted upon him..."

"No, please! We won't do it again!" Megumi stared at the person on their knees pleading.

"I've seen you before..." They stilled "Ah...you're the one that was talking behind his back the other day. Constantly spitting in his direction. I should end you." All anyone saw, was their death.

"Zen. The Hokage requests your presence." And ANBU showed up.

"Hai. I'll be there." The people sighed relaxing slightly praising their Hokage for the save. "Hm..."

The next moment two screams rang through the ally and many horrified gasps were following. Megumi had taken her kunai and stabbed the two ninjas through their hands. Pinning them to the floor with both hands she looked up her grey eyes reflecting off the light of the kunai.

"If you two ever come near Naruto with the intention of harming him again I will end your pathetic existence of a life and send you to an undignified early grave!" Megumi spoke fast but clear, then she twisted her kunai and violently ripped it out making them scream more.

"That was not a threat. It was a promise, for all of you." The people there nodded trembling "I'd get them to the hospital if you don't want them bleeding out." With that, she jumped onto the fence where the ANBU already had Naruto and the three disappeared.

•••••

"Hm... interesting..." Someone who watched the entire ordeal from on a rooftop hummed before he too disappeared.

•••••

"You called?" Megumi stood before the third, Naruto on her back.

"Megumi..." he sighed tiredly "I felt your chakra again. It's quite potent. There was no need for that much chakra on civilians. And I saw what you did. That was also-"

"I don't care about if you're Hokage or the strength difference, I will slap you." Megumi frowned stopping the third from speaking. "If this is what you came to tell me then I'm leaving." She turned to leave.

"Megumi!" The third was tired. "I understand your anger. However-"

"Do you? Do you really think you can sit there and tell me you understand my anger?" She turned around her expression blank "Time and again this village has harmed the only person keeping it from annihilation. Time and again I find him covered in bruises as they scream 'monster' 'demon' 'evil spawn'. Time and again he comes to me trembling, crying unable to sleep because he's petrified by the people who're supposed to regard him as a hero. And every single time you leave them be. So do tell how you understand my anger?!"

The third sighed. She was right but there was not much he could do...

"You're the Hokage. Don't bullshit me about 'there's not much I can do' you've got the highest authority in this village. Not the ANBU, not the ninjas or civilians not, even the council. You. But you act like you have no power. You let them walk all over you! Thanks to Danzo the Uchiha are gone, Sasuke is alone and Itachi had to take the fall!" He gasped how did she-?!

"The colors of my eyes don't mean I'm blind. Not like you pretend to be. Act like the Hokage you are, you're old but you're still the strongest in this village and your word is the law. Stop letting them harm Naruto when he hasn't done anything wrong. Have you thought of how tou-san and kaa-san would feel? They trusted you with him and once again you're failing greatly at the trust they put in you." Third sighed dropping his head.

"If Naruto is ever covered in bruises not from training or sparring matches again I make no promises that the one who did it will come out alive. And if they are they won't be able to move for a good long while. Civilian or not. If there's a problem with that then be sure I'll burn this village to the ground before I take my otouto's out of it. And be sure aniki will follow me with no questions asked." With nothing more to say Megumi left her threat and silent promise ringing loudly in the quiet office.

Hiruzen absolutely hated how right she was. He hated how he knew how much restraint Megumi held on herself so she won't kill anyone she perceived as a threat to her brothers. Restraint, that he placed there. And it was loosening with every attempt at Naruto. He also knew very well how right she was about if she defected from the village Kakashi will follow with no qualms, no matter how loyal he was to the village.

After Minato and Kushina, Megumi became Kakashi's top priority. He went on missions a lot so they'd have no threats to the village where Megumi stayed, hoping to keep all threats as far from her as possible. Even on missions, he had a summoning watching and reporting of Megumi to him daily, so he always had tabs on her, even when she's out on missions herself. And now, Naruto was properly added to the list as he was finally able to watch him without feeling pain with the resemblance he shared with his father.

So if she left this village, with Naruto. He would follow. Sasuke was a no-brainer there as well. Megumi was holding the boys' sanity at the moment. She's all the family he has now and if she says she's leaving he'll pack up no questions asked.

Sighing again Hiruzen took an inhale of his pipe.

I'm getting too old for this... He spiked his chakra and the ANBU around him appeared awaiting orders.

"One of you each. Go to each of the houses that attacked Naruto. Tell them of the consequences of doing so is jail time and if worst came to it, they shall have to deal with Megumi's promise."

"Hai." The ANBU nodded and four left the room, leaving one to guard the Hokage.

Ahh, Mei-chan is scary when she's protective, and she's only eight years old! One thought jumping to the hospital. I like it! Ohh, imagine how deadly she'll be when she's older! Ha, sucks to be her enemy!