[45] Sound ninjas death wish

Third pov

Sakura was sweating bullets. Naruto was out, Sasuke was also out but he still seemed in pain and his fever wasn't going down for anything! All because of that weird ninja! She bit her lip wondering what else she can do for her teammates. 

"Mei-chan won't kill me for this...right?" she sulked a depressing aura surrounding her as an image of glowing silver eyes flashed through her mind. Her body shivered and her tiredness faded from the fear of the girl. "I'm doomed..." fat tears left her eyes.

Another hour of caring for her teammates and her exhaustion was catching up. She had to shake herself awake so many times before she eventually did fall asleep after changing the wet cloth on Sasuke's head again.  She got a full five minutes before her subconscious jolted her awake.

You can't fall asleep! Oh? The sun!? Sakura was stunned. The entire night had passed already?! The bushes behind her ruffled instantly washing away any form of her tiredness. Sakura whipped out a kunai from her pouch and spun to face the bush, ready to protect the boys behind her. A moment later a squirrel came out. She heaved a sigh her shaking easing slight.

"Oh geez.. don't scare me." the squirrel watched the pinkette for a second longer before it took off towards her. Gasping Sakura threw her kunai out at it scaring the tiny creature shitless and making it run in the opposite direction.

That was close... she sighed. Relaxing again. She shouldn't have as out of sight high in a tree were three sound ninjas. They were watching her observing her as she turned once more to watch over the boys. Sakura dropped her head another thought of the boys 'sister' flashing through her mind.

"Ah...if Megumi-chan was here. She'd be able to heal and watch over you both so easily..." she bit her lip checking Sasuke's temperature again.

"Hehe, up all night?" once again Sakura jolted in shock, this time she recognized the voice. Spinning around once more she came to find the three sound ninjas revealing themselves to her. "It's no longer necessary. Wake up Sasuke-kun. We want to fight him." the one in the middle with a hunched back demanded.

"Wh- What are you talking about?!" She yelled reaching for her pouch "I know that someone named Orochimaru is pulling the strings from the shadows! What's his purpose?!" her words stunned the sound ninja team "What's that weird mark he placed on Sasuke-kun's neck?! You did this to him, and now you wanna fight him?!" Sakura was angry.

"Hmm...I wonder what that man is thinking?" hearing such a calm reply confused the pinkette. They didn't seem bothered at all! 

"Hearing that we can't let you go. I'll kill this girl and I'll also kill this Sasuke guy." the second male of the team spoke up stepping forward. Sakura shifted scared, but ready to protect her teammates.

"Wait Zaku." finally one of their names were given!

"Huh, why?"

"You're not very good..." the other crouched and placed his hands on the ground he kept eye contact with Sakura "recently overturned stone, different colored dirt. Grass doesn't grow here. A booby trap, is pointless unless it goes unnoticed." Sakura clicked her tongue at being found as Zaku snickered at the girl labeling her stupid.

Until said 'stupid' girl smirked and released a string from by her side. The sun was quickly blocked making the sound ninjas look up to see a giant log falling towards them.

"Another trap?!" the log swung towards them as they jumped into the air. Then the hunchback snickered "Yeah right." the next second the giant log burst into pieces, and the sound team easily passed through it.

"You have no talent. People like you have to work harder. A weakling like you shouldn't mess with guys like us!" he shouted hand out reaching for Sakura.