[18] Naruto

..4 years later...

Megumi pov

"Wait...what time is it?" I asked looking up at Itachi.

"Hm? It's almost noon, naze?" I gasped at his answer eyes widening

"Oh no! I have to go!" I shot up

"Ehh? Naze?" Sasuke pouted stopping from playing with his stuffed toy to look at me.

"Gomen tiny Sasu, I have to meet nii-san right now."

"Training?" Tachi asked

"Mm!" I looked back to the pouting Uchiha "You'll see me tomorrow Sasu, stop pouting." I patted his head

"Pwomise?" he looked up at me. I grinned

"Promise!" I giggled poking his forehead before I got up and ran out of the room

"Ah! Wait Megumi, it's raining!" Itachi's voice rang out from behind me but I was already running through the rain.

I laughed dodging people I ran past as well as jumping in most of the puddles I saw. But, as I was running I passed bright yellow hair making me stop. Panting I stayed still as an image of a figure with the same color hair flashed through my memories. I spun looking around for the hair again. 

Where..? Where did they go? I almost started running again when the sound of whimpering sounded to an alley beside a building. I stopped walking, turning to see a bunch of kids my age and older beating up, someone. 

"My okaa says you're a monster and to stay away from you!"

"Yeah!"

"Mine says you're a freak!" One went to hit the kid again but I stepped in, kicking his knees out from behind him, sending him to the ground.

"What do you think you're doing!?" I placed my hands on my hips glaring 

"Who're you!?"

"None of your business! Now leave him alone before I tell Hokage-sama!" They gasped

"You wouldn't!"

"I would!"

"Why are you defending the monster?!" I glared

"Hah?! Who's a monster!?" The boy was pointing. I knew he meant the person behind me but since it looked like he was pointing at me, I used it.

"No, no! Not- not you! Him! Him!" He corrected his pointing I looked over seeing the blonde hair.

They looked up and a faint older version of him flashed beside him before showing me bright blue eyes scared beyond normal. 

"All I see is a kid younger than us who you're being bullies too!" I walked over to the blonde stooping so I could look him right in his eyes. I smiled reaching up to pat his head but he flinched away from me

"Don't!" the kids behind me yelled

"Why are you still here?! If he is what a monster looks like, I must be one too. I mean, have you seen my hair and eyes?" I grinned turning to show my slightly longer than normal fangs.

They ran away screaming. I giggled, they're idiots. Back to the matter at hand! I looked back at the blonde who was now watching me with questions in his eyes instead of fear. Instead of waiting for him to take my hand like last time I pulled him up by his shirt. He was tiny, a bit smaller than Sasuke but they looked the same age.

Ah! I have to get him out of the rain!! I grabbed his hand then began to run again. I held securely to his hand as we ran through the rain. I heard him laugh slightly as we jumped on a puddle. I smiled pulling us into a ramen shop.

Ichiraku's Ramen.

"There! Now we're out of the rain!" I giggled "You're all wet. Ahh, you can get sick if you stay wet..." I frowned

"Then you two should dry off, ne?" I looked over seeing the owner's daughter, Ayame, holding two towels out to me.

"Arigatou!" I went over tiptoeing to get the towel. I placed one down on a stool, dropping the other over the wet hair of the blonde then beginning to dry his dripping wet hair. 

"Oh? Mei-chan? Haven't seen you in a while!" Teuchi-san the owner came out from the back

"Techi-san! Two bowels please!" I smiled up at him getting one in return

"Miso?"

"Hai!"

"Coming right up!" he turned to prepare the ramen while I refocused on the boy before me.

"Are you going to tell me your name?" I titled my head so I could see his face under the towel

"N, Naruto..."

"Hm?" He looked up

"Uzumaki Naruto!" he almost yelled. I smiled.

Yeah... I definitely found him. Tou-san, kaa-san, I found your son.  I quickly wiped the smile off my face

"Naruto, do you know how long I've been looking for you!" he stepped back eyes wide

"Eh? Nanda?! Naze!?"

"Why do you think? I Hatake Megumi, am your aneki!" he froze gaping at me

"No way! Hokage-jiji said I have no family!"

"Ehh! No way!" My eyes would fall from my head if I opened them any wider.

"He did!" he yelled making me flinch from the volume.

"Well, he's wrong! And when I see him again..." I clenched my fist ready to start a fight. Even if I'll lose.

"Here's your ramen." I paused my steaming anger to face Teuchi and Ayame

"Arigatou! Come on, go eat some hot ramen, it's really good!" I lifted Naruto up onto the stool taking my place next to him.

He looked amazed at the sight of the ramen in front of him. I smiled turning to face my own bowl and began to eat. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Naruto watching me while slowly following what I did. His eyes lit up like stars when he took his first bite.

"Is it good?" He nodded rapidly mouth filled with noodles

"Mn!" I giggled continuing to eat as well. 

Once we both finished two bowls I paid with the money Guy gave me last time then I made Naruto show me where he lived. As soon as we entered the house I saw how much of a mess it was in. Oh my Kami... so much mess...

"Naruto...you're messy." I deadpanned at him. He looked down pouting

"I don't know how to clean yet so, Hokage-jiji does it for me when he visits." he swayed side to side as if he was in trouble. I patted his head

"Well, now you have your aneki too! But I have to go, my aniki is waiting for me." he frowned obviously sad I was leaving "Don't worry, I know where you live now so I'll visit lots of times!" he perked up smiling widely

"Really!" I nodded

"Hai! Now what I want you to do for me today is go take a hot bath and get out these wet clothes. Don't get sick okay?"

"Hai!" I nodded messing up his hair.

"I'm going now." I turned to run

"Bye nee-chan!" I smiled really happy he called me big sister.