[49] Jounin finals

Third pov

"I can't believe you! So you were planning on missing my fight to train? Fine then! I'll cheer Naruto on alone. There's no need for either of you to come and watch me. Nope I don't want to see either of you until the final exam for the chuunin exams." Megumi was pouting not looking at either of the two behind her.

"Blame sensei, I didn't know it was today." Sasuke sighed.

"Ma~ Gummi-chan~ no need to be so upset. Besides, we're already in the stadium." Kakashi pointed out.

"Then go back into the mountains." she huffed turning away from them again.

"Nee-chan, I apologized blame Kakashi, it really wasn't my fault." Sasuke protested and if it wasn't for his tone of annoyance it'd sound like he was whining. Which is exactly how he like sounded to Megumi.

"Oi, don't put the blame all out on me... you said it was dumb to take a break from training-"

"I didn't know it was for this!!" Sasuke was trying to defend himself with all his might while Kakashi took joy in riling his student up.

"Aneki!!" and here comes Naruto barreling towards them and straight into Megumi's stomach "I made it! Ero-sannin took forever to look away from those women in the bushes but he wasn't budging so I kicked him and left! I didn't mean to be late I swear!" Naruto rambled and Megumi laughed hugging her blonde adorable brother back.

"Seriously...?" Sasuke dead panned.

"Hehe, it's okay. That was my doing. It was his punishment for going to the women's bath last night." a irk mark appeared on her head despite the smile remaining on her face.

"Ha serves him right. Oh hey teme! Thought you wouldn't make it!"

"Well I did, problem?"

"Mmm...nope! No problem dattebayo!"

"The exams are starting let's go get some seats boys." 

"Kick some ass ane!"

"Win so I can defeat you myself."

"Good luck gummi!"

"Yosh!" Megumi smiled skipping off to where she was supposed to be in the stands with the other contestants. 

"Are you ready?" the crowd cheered "Right, rules. This is an everything goes 1 vs 1 fight! There are 11 chuunins who passed the 2nd exams... Originally we'd have even the numbers out, this time however Hokage-sama decided to change things around a bit... Instead of disqualifying the person, we decided on making 2, 3 way matches!"

"Oh~. That's new." I hummed

"There are three rounds. In the first round, there will be four pairs and the fifth set would be a three way battle. For the second round, the winner of the first three way will automatically make it to the final rounds, therefore the second half will only be two matches with the final being a three way. Now, will Yoshino and Inoki come down?" a boy and a girl jumped over the rails enticing cheers from the crowd.

"This is a everything can go match. The only how this ends is if one of you dies, surrenders , is rendered unconscious or I stop the match. Understand?" the two nodded "Good. Begin!" the jounin jumped away and the fighting began.

•••••

"Winner! Tosukei Tenshi!" The last match was over Tosukei winning and finishing the match with his opponent placed under genjutsu and a knockout from a hard blow to their head.

"Will the three remaining constants come down here?" The last girl of a team stood up receiving silent cheers from her teammate, then a boy who finished on his own stepped forward. The girl had already left the box, opting to use the stairs and not jump over the railing like most had done. When the boy turned to leave he stopped short seeing Megumi sat on the floor leaning on the wall.