[6] Christmas

Kakashi pov

I sighed dropping my hands and taking a step back to veiw my handy work. I hummed deeming something missing. The tree was decorated with the bare minimum and we had the star but something was missing...

"Awwaa!" Hearing the scream I turned seeing Megumi trying to untangle herself from lights. At least, that's what I think she was doing.

She was covered head to toe in the lights and struggling with it, making it even more tangled. I watched her for a moment amused at her antics to get free. She frowned her chubby face looking very unhappy that she was still stuck even after five minutes.

"Mm..ni..." tears gathered in her eyes and she looked ready to cry as she looked up at me but no sound came from her she just lifted her hands wanting me to lift her up.

"Quite a mess you made huh, Megumi?" I chuckled as she squeaked a unhappy noise at me while I untangled her. The moment she was free she latched herself onto me. I chuckled standing with her in my arms "At least you won't be going near them for a while."

Keeping Megumi in my arms I bent to examine the lights. Sighing as I saw how old and destroyed they are I knew we had to get new ones.

"Looks like we're going shopping Gummi." She babbled at me seeming to understand. I threw the lights away going to our room to get our winter clothes. I stood her up on the bed slipping a nice little navy blue coat on her. It was basically a smaller version to mine. She had free reign over my scarf. I added mittens and a hat making sure she was covered head to toe. I was not risking her getting sick. Especially at her age. I read a book about how babies being sick can be really bad, like they can die bad and there is no way I was ever going to risk that.

We left the house stepping out into the snow that instantly amazed Megumi. It began to snow last week but everytime we come outside she just seems so happy and fascinated by it. I smiled watching her as we walked down the road.

It wasn't a long walk, as the store wasn't that far from the house. As soon as we got into the store the warm air hit me and I felt a shiver go down my spine. I looked down at Megumi making sure she was still warm. I fixed the hat on her head before stepping further into the store.

I let her walk for this. She clutched my pant legs
as we walked around slowly. I hummed looking around to see what else beside the lights that we needed. I got some tiny kunai and ordinary decoractions, and some ornaments as well as this thing that looked like a scarf but was fuzzy and weird feeling. I have no idea what it was but I knew it went on the tree so I bought it.

Feeling a tug on my pants so I looked down to see Megumi was pointing at something her eyes alight with awe. Following her line of sight I saw a glowing teddy bear.

"You want this huh?" I picked it up seeing that it was actually a night light.

Might come in handy. I placed it in the cart. Then we continued on our way.

We got our lights, simple white and red ones. The others were too flashy for my eyes and Megumi had a semi hate for them now since she was tangled so that made choosing all the more easier. While buying our things I added a small chocolate bar to it for Megumi to try. She seemed to like dango and other tiny treats so maybe she'll like chocolate too?

As we were leaving the store Megumi tugged my pants. I looked down to see her rubbing away at her eyes and yawning. Getting the hint I picked her up allowing her to settle and fall asleep before I began to trudge through the snow.

"MY RIVAL! WHAT ARE YOU-!" I raised an eyebrow at his sudden pause "Need any help?" He asked in his regular voice.

"Mhm, I'm fine." Even though I said this he kept following me anyway.