[36] Zabuza's Defeat... or Not

Megumi pov

"Such confidence but, do you stand a chance?" Zabuza taunted.

"What are you doing?! This fight was over the moment I got caught!! Our duty is Tazuna-san, did you forget?!"

"Anything to say to that, Tazuna-san?" we all turned looking towards the old man.

"I planted this seed myself. I'm not going to say that I desire to live so much that I'd stop you. Gomen ne, fight as much as you want." we smirked.

"Pfft. Hear that, Naruto?" Sasuke grinned.

"Are you guys ready?" Zabuza started to laugh. His laugh alone told me where this was going. I was right of course. He went on about his past and how to even be considered a ninja back in his time one person had to kill everyone else. 

He was in the middle of his story, so when he attacked Sasuke and stomped on him I wasn't expecting it. 

"Sasuke-kun!!"

"Die." Zabuza and I uttered at the same time. He looked up confused just to find me in front of him. I quickly cut through the clone splashing water on Sasuke and myself. I kneeled helping him to sit up. I also patted his back as he coughed out some blood.

"Brat really is quick." Zabuza huffed as he created another clone. I shifted ready to jump and fight him again when 

"Shadow clone jutsu!!" and a dozen Naruto's dived onto Zabuza. They dog piled on him holding him down for a few moments until Zabuza yelled out in annoyance and spun sending all the shadow clones flying.

"Sasuke!" one of the Naruto's yelled as he threw a windmill shuriken at Sasuke which he caught. As he did he gave me a quick glance before he rolled a bit away from me.

"Evil wind shuriken! Shadow windmill!!" Sasuke jumped, throwing the Shuriken at Zabuza. It went passed the clone heading for the real one. 

"I see, you're aiming for the real me, but-"  as clone Zabuza had his back turned I sped to behind him.

"Pay attention." his eyes widened and he spun around. Too late though, he was already turning to water.

"Another one in the shuriken's shadow?!" Zabuza's yells had me looking up to where his real body stood. "But, still not enough!" he jumped over the shuriken.

I smirked.

A puff of smoke behind Zabuza happened and out of it came Naruto who quickly threw a kunai at the missing mist ninja. Unless Zabuza was willing to get stabbed he'd have to dodge the kunai aiming for his eye. Which he did, by releasing the water prison. Still, the kunai grazed his cheek. Obviously upset that a genin outsmarted him Zabuza moved to attack Naruto.

He was met with a force though. Kakashi stopped the demon windmill shuriken and I caught Naruto before he fell into the water, quickly getting us both out of there.

Once out of there Kakashi and Zabuza began to fight again. As with fights involving the sharingan, Kakashi managed to predict Zabuza's next move making it before him which surprised and shocked Zabuza. So much so he froze up when Kakashi finished the move making the water dragon attack hit dead on.

I quickly placed a stone wall in front of us to prevent us from getting swept away by the jutsu. When the wall was down we saw that Zabuza was pinned to the tree, Kakashi standing above it ready to finish Zabuza off.

"It's over." Right before Kakashi could finish him senbon needles stabbed Zabuza and he slumped to the ground unmoving.

"Hehe, you're right. He's dead." A hunter ninja appeared to be around our ages his mask blocking his face from us but...his chakra was here from the start of the fight.