[56] Realizations

Megumi pov

"So, we've come to an agreement?" I gave the elders of Suna a closed eye smile. 

"Hai..." they gave me back forced ones or none at all. I hummed leaning back in my seat. From the corner of my left eye, I saw Kankuro sweating. Temari sat next to him looking impressed.

The mission given to me was to agree to the peace treaty Sunagakure sent after they found out that Orochimaru had tricked them and was wearing the face of their Kage an entire week before they started planning to attack Konoha with Sound ninjas.

Did Konoha care? No. But having Suna as an ally will be beneficial in the long run. Plus...I suggested it. Dumb I know but that was all it was a suggestion! All I was saying was that having Suna surrender their undying loyalty to us and make sure they never pull such dumb shit again would benefit both sides...Shikaku took me seriously.

The trading and everyone won't start right now but we just wanted to notify them that we agreed to continue our alliance. So maybe I threatened them alongside it and maybe I bluffed saying my village jinchuriki listens to every word I say. So if I say destroy, he destroys - okay that part may be true but I would never do that to my Ruru.

And, now that the meeting and signing were over, I could go home.

I stood up bowed to the Suna council and left the room. Temari and Kankuro followed.

"You're leaving already?" Temari asked

"Yeah. I was told to return as soon as I finished."

"Village must need you back. Or they just don't want you here. How come they sent you alone?" Kankuro asked.

"I wasn't sent alone. I was just a day ahead." I smiled at the war-painted boy then motioned to the black-haired ninja awaiting me.

"Oh, the meeting finished? That was honestly faster and quieter than I thought. I was so sure you'd send someone flying out the door." Tenshi grinned. Yeah, he got promoted to Jounin too. 

"I was very close to it. They're the ones in the wrong and yet they have so much pride" a irk mark appeared on my temple "Wanted to kick them through the window and show them why half their ninjas are gone."

"Calm down..." I glared at Tenshi

"I am calm..."

"Ah, Megumi-san." I hummed turning to face the person calling me to see the only redhead in Suna. I smiled.

"Tanuki!" I jogged over to him, pulling him into a hug and ruffling the soft mess he calls hair "I'm happy to see you again. Ah you're all healed up now." he gave me a mini soft smile.

"Hm. Nice to see you again Megumi-san. Are you leaving now?"

"Mhm. I don't trust my otoutou's not to wreak havoc on the hospital while I'm gone and nii-san is in the hospital unable to watch them." Gaara's smile widened at the mention of Naruto and his eyes sparkled slightly bringing more life to them.

It warmed my heart to see the change.

"Ah. How is Naruto?"

"As noisy as the day you met him. Any message you need me to give him?" Gaara shook his head no.

"Not yet. You neither...This message for you both is not ready yet and should be a surprise." I blinked.

"Then. I look forward to it!" I smiled about to reach up and pat his hair when my finger twitched and my happy mood disappeared, my hand dropping back to my side.

"Something wrong?" the sand siblings and Tenshi looked at me in confusion at my sudden mood change. 

"Mmm..." my tags...my brothers' tags have been ripped off... "I think nii-san is stealing my cake again..." I narrowed my eyes as they all sweat dropped. "Right! We'll be seeing each other soon anyway so let's go Tenshi."