CHAPTER 014

VIVAAN.

"What last time? " Daadi asked him as he looked at me and Heer.

"Nothing you should be concerned about." he shrugged to Daadi passing his appealing smile that didn't work on her. And then I slid my hands into Heer's waist. She was flabbergasted at first but she maintained her look.

"This is Heer -"

"Your another toy you bought to fool us," Mom said in the middle cutting me off as I looked at her.

"Mom she isn't like that, " I said to her as my dad spoke gulping his glass of whiskey as usual. All he does is drinks.

"Keep that crap out of this!"

"How much did he pay you to come here?" Mom asked Heer as she stood tall. Like herself.

She is the perfect choice I've ever made.

"His attention and love," she said as half the house smirked at this.

"Love?  He is incapable of that or maybe when you say love you mean sex?" Rehan said to her as all smirks changed into laughter.

Since our family has always been well educated, everyone is open-minded along daadi. But yet she still concerns over traditions sometimes.

"Incapable?" Heer asked as she looked at me with eyes that dripped love in them. "He loves the one who deserves it," she said while looking straight at me. And I smiled the warmest I could. She is doing a good job.

"You made a good choice this time, " Rudram said as he walked towards Heer he extended his hands for a handshake and so did Heer with him. But as soon as Heer's hands were in his he started to rub it with his thumb disgustingly and I was about to move to do something but Heer's grip got tighter as her nails were digging into his hands now. While both of them were smiling at each other. But then His other hands rid up to keep it on Her shoulders which were exposed because of her dress. As he patted her shoulders while her nails were still digging. His hands were red and he flinched a little but it would be a shame if he fails right now.

But then they got interrupted as they left their hands. "Are you my brother's Girlfriend?" Ansh asked walking in from his room.

"I won't say girlfriend yet," She said with a slight smile as all of us looked shocked at her. Even me.

"It's been just some days since I met him. We are just colleagues!" she said as I understand what she meant. She is trying to make them believe that it's real.  Because of course, it's uncommon to be in a relationship after meeting only for some days at work.

"So indeed you came for money," he said as he scoffed.

"What's your all deal ?" do you think girls are a few sets of chocolate you can buy in a shop?" she asked getting mad at Ansh.

"As far as there is money on the counter we can. " He said to her as she looked at him narrowing his eyes.

"You think money buys everything?" she asked him twitching as everyone looked at her. Out of their world.

"Indeed it does. "

"Bring the dead," she said as everyone looked at her including me with our eyes widen. "You See you have 
so much money right? And you wish to buy me. I'll sell myself off. Bring the dead." she said to him furiously with her hands now at the edge of the sofa in front of us as she stared at Him.

"We are billionaires. We aren't a god. "

"Exactly if you aren't god you can't buy his creations apart from their consent." She said her eyes red from furiousness. "So when you next time speak for buying a girl. You neither have right nor power. "

Oooo.. that just roasted him.

I smirked at my girl while the entire house was glaring at her.

"What does your father do?" Dad asked Her as I moved to sit along with her. On the couch.

"You stand" my mother yelled at her before she could sit. And to remain standing with her. If not her.  Neither me.

"MOM!! " I looked at Mom who only was looking at her.

"Well, I have to see if she is worthy enough to sit with us." Mom shrugged like she was being logical which didn't make sense to me.

But can't judge I said the same thing to her before too.

Now I get why I'm such an Asshole.

"My father was a police officer," she said as my uncle stood from his place. And went to pick a bottle at the bar for Dad.

"Was? " the uncle asked her as she nodded.

"He retired." She said as he nodded.

"Who else do you have in your family?" My uncle asked as I looked at her.

"I'm a single child," she said as I looked at her in shock. Why is she lying?  Why?

She has a sister and a brother.

"Really?" Veer spoke from his spot. "Then who is Kruti? " he finished as her eyes widen but she maintained her position I noticed her grabbing the hem of her dress as she squished it.

Veer being Veer. He ran a background check on her after he just met once.

"She is someone my dad abandoned because she went against him," she said with a tough expression but I can distinguish that her eyes this time weren't red because they were furious.

"And what was the name of your little brother?"

"He is not my brother,"  she said as I looked at her. What does she mean?

"He is just someone my dad showed mercy on. After all, he was a police officer. You see we are average. That's why we are human." she said targeting the entire family in her statement.

"One is mental second is blind. What? Are you trying to get rid of them? Saying they aren't family?" he asked with twitched eyebrows.

"We don't get rid of people because they are sick," she said her final words as that triggered everyone and they all stood too.

But how does she know about Veer's ex-wife whom he left because she got cancer?

"You are just a new servant in this house. How did you dare to speak like that to my son?" My aunt spoke as I opened my mouth to speak but before I could she spoke for herself.

"I was being looked down on right now because of my family history. Why not him? Just because he has more money than me.  Then let me tell you Mrs. Mannan Nor do I crave your money or your son. I'm fine with my sick family. And if being here means I have to sit and hear you all insult my family. Then let me tell you. I treasure them more than I treasure my own life. So next time if you think you all can look down on me. Then let me tell you.  That won't be easy. Money is just a few sets of paper. If a person can burn down to ashes,  so can it. But the only thing that differentiates both their values. Is that humans are miracles and money is a printing. Made my humans too. "

-------------------------------------------------------------