Chapter 35

"We have to tell them." Harry said fully grasping onto the concept of what the hell he had just witnessed his best friend do.

Draco on the other hand, look as though he wanted to murder Ron.

"I need to go wake Maya up, I've had enough of this shit" Before Draco could go wake her Harry grabbed onto his arm pulling him back.

"Let her sleep" Harry said trying to reason with a very grouchy Malfoy "I'll bring Hermione here tomorrow sometime in the morning"

Both boys went to bed that night wishing they could murder Ronald, quite frankly a lot of people wanted to .

The next morning Harry sprinted down stairs to Hermione's room, he banged on the door for what seemed like hours. Hermione was obviously not in the mood today, but her persisted until a slightly less depressed Hermione opened the door.

"Did you see the memory? Did Malfoy too?" She asked with a desperate look on her face.

"He did we will go over soon and watch it with Maya and then everything will be ok I promise." Harry said with a large smile painted across his face.

"Everything will be fine" Hermione said trying to hide her pain, she didn't know if everything was going to be ok.

But she held onto the locket tighter and kept her head high, hoping that maybe she would smile a true smile again.

Harry and Hermione stood in front of fireplace, this was truly horrifying for Hermione. Her mind was filled with dread, what she's happier without me? She thought or what if she doesn't love me anymore?

"Ready?" Harry asked looking over at her noticing how anxious she was.

"As I'll ever be" Hermione said as Harry threw the flu powder and yelled Malfoy Manor.

Maya was up before Draco again, this morning he doing her in the Manors Library. She sat on the floor in the middle of Library with only one book.

Hogwarts: A History

"It smells like Hermione in here" Maya said quietly flipping through the book. She had listened to Hermione read this book so many times, it was her favourite.

"She spent most of her time in the Library you'd expect that" Draco said wandering over to an arm chair. "Potter came and visited last night"

"What did he want" Maya asked quietly trying to hold back tears.

"He bought over one of Hermione's memories, from the other night with Weasel" Draco said claiming placing the memory down in front of her, "you should watch this"

"Why would I want to watch her kiss someone else" Maya spat. "Get out"

Draco did as she said and quietly left leaving the memory with her, he knew she knew were she could watch it.

It took Maya 2 hours to make her way to the office to watch the memory.

"It's now or never" She said pouring the memory into to water and dunking her head under the water.

It felt like the memory was years long for Maya, patiently waiting for the next move. Her whole world felt as though it had fallen apart as she pulled her head out of the water, she stood trying to figure out what to do next.

Blaise, Theo, Pansy and Draco all stood in the doorway waiting for her to move, she didn't move a muscle she was paralysed with pain and regret.

"She didn't do anything." Maya finally said "and I yelled and screamed at her, I broke her heart."

The four on lookers had nothing to say she was right, she did break Hermione's heart.

"Will she forgive me?" Maya asked her tone being increasingly more panicked. "Will she?"

Her whole body was shaking and her eyes were over flowing with tears, Pansy came over to pulled her into a tight hug.

"She'll forgive you" She whispered in her ear "How about we do upstairs and let you have a nap then the boys will come get us when Hermione arrives" 

The three boys all made there way to the drawing room and sat waiting for the two guests to come out of the fireplace.

"Do you think they will make up?" Theo asked the group "I mean they were very in love last time I was around the two"

"I'm sure they'll make up Potter should be here any minute now" Blaise said "Right Draco?"

Draco only nodded his head too lost in his thoughts, the boys sat on the couch for an hour or so just chatting, away until they heard the roar of the fire.

Harry and Hermione stepped out of the fire place, Draco was first to notice that Hermione didn't stand as tall as she used too. Theo and Blaise noticed next.

Pansy soon came walking into the drawing room.

"Hermione you look so tired my darling" Pansy said running a hand along her check "Maya's upstairs in the east wing at the end of the hall"

With a small smile Hermione slowly started to climb the stairs.

"Potter she looks dreadful" Theo commented as Hermione made her way down the hall.

"I don't think she's eaten in four days not much sleep either" Harry said quietly trying to keep his emotions in tact. 

Hermione walked the cold hallways, the halls were dark and un welcoming some paintings spat horrible words and slurs at her. She keep walking one step at a time until she came across the last door.

"Hermione?" Maya said freezing as her eyes locked with Hermione's.

Hermione simply stood in the door way unable to move a small tear rolling down her cheek, Maya slowly made her way over to Hermione and engulfed her in hug.

She almost knocked the wind out of Hermione, she was so frail now. After not sleeping and eating her body was worn down, Maya couldn't help herself was crying when she could practically feel Hermione's ribs.

"I'm sorry" Maya whispered into Hermione's ear as she cradled her fragile body.

"I know" Hermione replied pulling away, she placed the locked into Maya's hand. "I'm tired, I can come back tomorrow" 

"Please stay, I miss you" Maya asked slowing pulling her towards her bed. "I love you"

Hermione didn't reply she was already fast asleep, the two lay in each other's arm catching up on some much needed sleep.

After a while everyone ventured upstairs to see the two sleeping.

"I'll come back later to check on her" Harry told Draco "Just make sure she has something to eat please, I haven't seen her eat in days"