Chapter 3 Grown Up, Caldor's Children Part 2

The sun had risen; it painted the black sky with a dash of red and orange hues. The aura exuding from her precious heart spread across the land, greeting the industrial dwellers into the dawn of a new day. The icy mist that once occupied the ground evaporated, giving space for the rays to take over.

Forced to retreat, the moon and her twinkling disciples migrate to the far end of the Earth to preach the gospel of light where the sun had been. The dwellers of Philadelphia arose from their slumber and prepared themselves for a grind that awaited them at their workplaces and schools. A cluster of car horns occupied the streets of Pennsylvania.

Diana Piper Livingstone was blindfolded with a black cloth at a local martial arts school. From behind, her sensei, Master Zhang Wei, whispered in her right ear, "The time has come to test you on one of your five senses. That so happens to be hearing."

He silently withered away, making it difficult for her to direct her focus toward his attacks. He swung a bamboo stick toward the back of her head from nowhere. While doing so, she could perceive his intended attack through the sound of the swaying bamboo. Therefore, she tilted her head to the left side while the thick, green, cylindrical shoot soared past. He then pulled the stick back and repeated the same attack, but he tried to hit the right side of her countenance this time. Once again, she heard the swinging sound of the stick echo towards her right ear. She tilted her head to the left side.

Master Zhang Wei stroked his chin with awe. His student's growth impressed him as this showed sincere dedication regarding her training. He turned things up a notch to test the extent of her hearing skills. He walked around her and bit his time. Diana wondered why she didn't hear any movement. She felt uneasy; though her feelings wanted to eclipse her judgment, she tamed them and waited patiently for the next strike.

At last, he swung the stick towards her head from the front. She perceived the intended attack and ducked it by lowering her back into a limbo posture. She stood upright and straightened her back when the stick swayed past her. Once more, he swung the bamboo shoot toward the left side of her countenance. She then blocked the attack with her arm positioned at a ninety-degree angle.

He directed the stick towards her shins and her countenance at once. Although this seemed a bit drastic, he, in turn, wanted to test her agility. Her hearing skills seemed very proficient, so proficient that she could hear the gabbing sound of the bamboo move with significant speed. She maneuvered a handstand and flipped toward her left side to avoid the combo attack.

"I'm pleased you have progressed with your training," Zhang Wei said with a smile. 

She smiled back, thrilled with her growing performance. However, she dropped her guard, giving him an opening as he tripped her off her heels with a sweeping kick. She plummeted to the ground and lay on her back. She removed the cloth from her eyes while he addressed her.

"You still have a lot to learn. For instance, you should never let your guard down."

She maneuvered a dexterous somersault and stood on her feet. She then bowed with respect and replied to his statement.

"Yes, Master Zhang Wei, I agree. I do have a lot to learn," she replied.

"Then, in that case, our training has concluded. Come back tomorrow for more training," he said.

She placed her right fist against her palm and said, "Thank you."

Once her training had concluded, she set off for work.

Diana Piper Livingston is a woman of great virtue. She has grey, piercing eyes and black hair with purple-dyed lings cascading down her shoulders. She has been blessed with an angelic voice, one from Heaven above. Her lovely voice soothed the Lord's ears with each utterance and contended with the fluffy yellow Roller canaries. Even though her voice is phenomenal, it was also her pillar of strength during her afflictions. For this reason, she decided to pursue a career in music at a young age.