Chapter 36 Your Greatest Strenght Can Be Your Downfall

"Who'd like to start," Seth inquired with a smirk while the five looked at each other, horrified by this prospect.

"I'll go," Dan said and stepped forward.

As he pottered toward Seth, Sam grabbed him by the wrist. In turn, he looked around to face him as a baffled expression filled his countenance. 

"No, that's how he'll win. We do this together," Sam replied.

Dan nodded in response. The four walked aside him and approached their foe. Then, they charged at him as Sam, Diana, and Dan soared ahead.

"Oh, interesting," Seth murmured under his breath and crossed his arms.

The three soared at breakneck speed as they advanced to him. Diana and Sam both raised their altitude gradually as they braced for their gut-wrenching attacks. With a deft turn, they delivered two powerful turning kicks. They planted their feet on either side of Seth's face, while he remained in place, unfazed by their assaults.

Dan followed by dousing his hands in flames. He delivered a bone-breaking punch into his solar plexes.

Seth appeared to remain motionless.  He laughed, "Not bad, but your attacks are too minor to break through my iron body."

Seth's body then radiated an emerald glisten, and his eyes darkened to a green hue as he balled his fists.

He accumulated a profuse of energy and expelled it from his body. The proliferation force of energy repelled the three away as they collided in various regions of the area.

Sam collided with the second floor of the building on his right while Diana crashed through the building on her left. Then, Dan was hurled in the direction of Gordon and Harrison, who were still charging.

"What the?" Harrison exclaimed with wonder.

They veered to opposite sides, changing their path so Dan could weave through. Even though Dan eventually passed between them, he landed on the ground a few meters away from them.

"Damn it all!" Dan snarled and held his temple once he fell on his back.

In the interim, a charging Gordon reached into his pockets and removed multiple pocket knives. With every blade tucked in between his two hand's fingers.

"Let's see you handle this," Gordon said, aiming his lone dependable arm in his direction. He threw the blades at his opponent then. 

They whistled at him like bullets, and, because of the Knight of Bloodshed's accuracy, the knives managed to make contact with him. However, they were not sharp enough to sever through his hard skin. Raising his eyebrows in surprise, Gordon turned to face Harrison and offered an alternative strategy, "Harrison, punch him in the midsection while I target his face!"

"Got it!" Harrison responded. 

Gordon launched himself into a massive leap from where he had previously run, executing a dropkick on top of his face as they got closer to their opponent. Harrison followed up by giving Seth a blow that had the might to crack open a human skull with his rock fist. Nevertheless, the latter remained stationary like a statue despite their efforts. Harrison pulled his arm back and Gordon bounced off Seth's face.

 The two looked horrified, their eyes widening."How can this be?" Gordon exclaimed.

"Marvellous, as expected, neither of you has what it takes to land an inciteful attack! Consider the consequences if I were to retaliate, what feat of power what I unleash upon you," cackled Seth, who was impressed by his resilience. 

Gordon and Harrison both took a step back in alarm. As Seth was ready to fire back, Diana and Sam both flew in behind him and launched their attacks on him. A barrage of projectile attacks and U.V. flares shot forth, catching Seth off guard. A massive explosion burst forth.