Chapter 10 Gordon initiates an attack.

Back in New York

Austin Penthouse

Jonathan indulged in a delicious meal. His plate had several diced wagyu steak slabs coated with red wine and bacon gravy.

The elevator opened as he skewed the slab of meat with his fork and knife. Quickly, he stood up and said, "Master Austin...."

Before him stood a beautiful young woman in a white pantsuit. Her black hair was tied in a ponytail, and she was 5 feet and 9.5 inches tall. Her eyes sparkled likes jewels. Now beautifully carved, without an eyelid crease, they confirmed from a distance that she was Asian.

"Mariko?" Jonathan asked, puzzled by an unexpected visit.

"Jonathan dear, it's good to see you," Mariko smiled.

She enveloped him with a warm embrace. Once she let go of him, she spoke, "Kon'nichiwa," Mariko said as Jonathan chuckled.

The Watanabe and the Austin family had known each other for years and had a business relationship. Jonathan, Sam's Earth father, hosted them for dinner at his house on several occasions. It was then Sam met Mariko and had a likening to her. All the while, she was intrigued by him. Since they were often distant apart, they couldn't nurture their relationship into something more. However, whenever their families met, they connected more without the hindrance of technological devices.

"Watashi wa Genki desu. Daijōbu?" Jonathan asked.

She smiled, impressed by the latter's improvement regarding his knowledge of Japanese.

Jonathan has always been fascinated by the Japanese language. The Watanabe's influenced him greatly, and he took the initiative to learn the language through his research and also through the help of a Japanese linguist. 

"I am good, so where is Sam? I haven't seen him for quite some time?" She asked.

*********

At an Abandoned airstrip, Sam's car drove up the rear-ramp door of the jet. When it reached the cargo room, it parked itself.

A loud thunderclap echoed as Sam landed on the ground. From the blue sky, a man in a coat of flames descended to the plot of land. Not far behind, he was followed by a female companion who exuded a wine-purple aura. It was Diana and Dan.

Dan used his coat of flames as propellers, while Diana used her aura's energy as propellers. When the two descended on the ground, right behind the jet, they returned to normal as Diana's aura dissipated, while Dan's flames did the same.

Diana stroked her left cheek as they mounted the rear ramp door. Instead of a rough surface, she felt a smooth one. She once developed red blotches during her scuffle with Dan. However, it would appear as though they have vanished.

She slipped her hand into her right pocket and pulled out a pocket mirror. When she opened it, she marveled at her reflection. The second-degree burns she sustained had leisurely withered away.

"Strange?" She replied.

When the three entered the cargo room, the plane's system lifted the ramp door and closed the room.

"What's so strange, my dear? Is it because I whooped your ass?" Dan retorted.

Her face boiled red as she clenched her teeth. Coming to terms with his nature, she took a deep breath and calmed down.

"Keep it together, Diana. He's just a moron," she reflected.

"Awe, is it eating you up already? What a shame, have some balls and accept your loss. Oh wait, I forgot, you don't have any," he burst into laughter.