Chapter 25 Hail Of Tragedy

The four siblings were in the kitchen and sat around a table full of culinary delights. Gordon approached them, however, he didn't wear his Codexian armor. Instead, he wore a white shirt, blue jeans, and brown Timberland boots.

 "Wow!" responded a baffled Harrison. 

"May I join you?" he gestured at the chair.

"No problem," Sam replied with a smile. 

He sat beside Diana, she desired to distance herself from him though. However, given the lengths he went to help them escape from Seth's ship, she suppressed her feelings and held firmly onto her fork. Instantly, she contorted the object in half with little to no effort. It's almost as if the fork had properties similar to a thin twig. She hid the item in her pocket and used her hands to grab the bacon slices on her plate.

"You clean up well," replied Sam, directing his gaze to Gordon.

In response, Gordon looked back at him with a baffled expression.

"Was I not clean before?" He inquired, lifting his right brow and grabbing the slabs of bacon, as well as the sausage and eggs. He placed them on one slice of bread and sandwiched them with another slice on top. He grabbed the sandwich and shoved it into his mouth.

 "No, that's not what I mean," replied Sam.

"He means that it's good to see you out of your armor, " Harrison said. 

"Ohh, is that so? Well, apologies. It's just that the people of this world speak uncannily. It's no wonder why you've all become accustomed to such utterance, " Gordon said.

Dan stopped dicing through a slab of steak with his knife. He directed his gaze at Gordon and narrowed his brows, "Wait, so you see Codexians as superior to humans?!" 

After devouring the sandwich mercilessly, he reached his hand out to a plate full of croissants stacked in a pyramid-like form. He grabbed one and took a bite from it, he experienced a heavenly sensation melting softly into his taste buds. It was a flavor unlike another; with a hypnotizing odur that would tempt a man deep in prayer to hastily break his ritual, all for that one precious bite.

"Yes, but this world seems to produce exquisite deluctibles," he grinned.

Dan's body produced steam, and his eyes began to twitch. Diana noticed this and placed her hand gently on his wrist, "Dan, please calm down. Don't let him crawl under your skin.

Dan took a series of breathing exercises, and the steam that emanated from his body vanished.

"There's more to this world than meets the eye," he said with a stern voice.

"Even so, you four are not from this world. Never forget your true heritage," Gordon said.

Now realizing that tension was building up, Sam cleared his throat. He placed the top of his fist toward his mouth and said," Harrison has something to say."

Their attention was now directed to the young lad, "You know I've been thinking. I wanna go back home and see my parents."

"And why would you want to do that?" Diana asked.

 "Ah, c'mon guys! We've escaped death a couple of times. You mean to tell me that there's nothing of sentimental value that you wanna fo?" he replied. 

"The kid's gotta a point. I have a farm to protect, Diana you have a music career to launch. And as for you, Sam, you need to finish your project. As comforting as it is to stay, however, we got a lot of responsibilities that we need to attend to," Dan said, pointing at each of them.