Chapter 26 Hail Of Tragedy Part Two

At the Austin penthouse, Sam was in the bathroom and looked through the face mirror while he adjusted his tie. He heard a knock on the door.

 "Come in!" He replied.

The door opened and Jonathan entered with a box. He placed it on the basin, and asked, "Where are you off to?"

"I'm heading to the research facility," Sam said and opened the box. He picked up a silver Rolex watch that was engraved with diamonds.

"Ohh, what for?" Jonathan inquired as he (Sam) wrapped the item around his wrist.

"To check out the prototype for the Super Sonic Train." He grabbed a glass bottle of cologne and showered his body with a pleasing fragrance from the spray.

"Well, good luck then," Jonathan said and walked out of the bathroom.

*********

A while later, the elevator opened. Sam stepped out of the squared mechanical room and pottered toward a white limousine that was parked in front of the entrance. A man in a black flat cap stepped out from the driver's seat and adjusted his aviator classic glasses. Once he reached the back of the wiener-lengthened vehicle. He opened the back door for Sam to enter.

 "Mr. Austin, the limo's ready for you," the chauffeur said. 

 "Thank you, Patrick," Sam said.

He stepped inside the vehicle while the chauffeur closed the door after him. He returned to the front seat and got inside the car since he left the door open. He closed the door and switched the vehicle on. He drove out of the parking lot and advanced toward his intended location.

Meanwhile, Sam took out his cell phone from his left pocket and dialed Mariko's number. She answered the call, "Hello...um...hello...." 

There was no response until he heard a voice exclaim furiously at him, "I waited three whole hours for you!!! Where the hell were you?!"

His eyes ballooned to great proportions as he struggled to garner reasons behind her sudden outburst. He chuckled once he realized what she was talking about, "Oops.. sorry about what happened?!"

The tone and manner of her voice intensified exponentially, "So you think that this is funny?!"

He spoke calmly and reasoned with her," No, no, no it's not. Look I'm sorry alright. I know that I screwed up. It's just that I had a lot on my plate that's why I forgot that we were supposed to have dinner together."

"She sighed and calmed down, "A simple text or phone call would've sufficed."

"I'm sorry I promise I'll make it up to you."

"It's fine I'm over it. Why are you calling me?"

"Our engineers told me that the prototype is ready and now I'm going to check it out."

"Okay, please send me pictures so that I can my board members." 

"Sure," Sam replied and ended the call

*************

A couple of minutes later, the limousine arrived at the Austin Research Facility.

The facility was like a hanger and it had two LED boards outside with the Austin Industries insignia.

The limousine parked inside the building, and Sam stepped out of the vehicle once his chauffeur opened the door for him. He directed his gaze toward the horizon with a smile. Watching the engineers assemble and tweak metallic parts to form the physical shape of the bullet-forged transport brought jubilation to his spirit. It's as if several pairs of white-gloved hands tickled his heart, thus prompting it to pump out ecstasy faster than it normally pumped blood.