Chapter 16 Adding Fuel To The Blaze

Later that evening, Seth put his light power armor back in its capsule at his mothership. Before looking away, he traced his forefinger across it as he watched it deteriorate. Although expressing his grief through words was difficult, he found the courage to speak.

"My beautiful armor..." He began with a sigh as he looked down.

"It's so heartbreaking to watch you wither away. You have carried me during the dark ages. I thank you, old friend. Now it's time for you to rest," he continued.

The tone in his voice transitioned from a gloomy one to a light-hearted one. He had accepted that his armor was no more. For him, the armor represented his pride, honor, and strength. It also carried blissful memories of his hard-earned victories and conquests during his battles.

After tracing his right hand across the black and silver armor, he raised his head and walked away. He pressed the red button with a remote controller in his hand, enabling his armor to be sealed away in the opened capsule tube. Once the door sealed the armor inside, he exited the armor room.

Along the way, one of his troopers approached him from afar with great pursuit.

"Master Seth, I bring forth troubling news," the trooper exclaimed urgently.

"What seems to be the problem?" He inquired casually.

"It's...its...Akatsuki. She has summoned you."

After hearing that, his gaze became cold, staring intensely into the eyes of the trooper.

"And how is Akastuki a problem? She's nothing but a pest, not of great importance from what I know of," he said with petulance.

"Master Seth, you know very well that when Akatsuki summons you, it's about him."

Seth sighed and raked his face. He walked past the trooper and advanced to the virtual room. When he arrived there, a live feed-holographic image of Akatsuki emerged.

Now Akatsuki had a more prominent position in the Martain Empire than Seth. For this reason, the two never saw eye to eye with one another. Nevertheless, regardless of her ranking, Seth's pride never allowed him to revere her as his subordinates did.

Akatsuki had long red hair that cascaded past her shoulder regions. Her hair was garnished with black linings, which flowed down her hair in a semi-spiral form. Her skin pigment was goldish-tan.

"Akastuki... what brings you here?" He inquired as he stroked his goatee.              

"How far is your progress, patterning the recruitment of your siblings."

Seth tilted his head to the side and placed his finger under it to balance it.

"There has been no progress thus far. It turns out my siblings are far more rowdy than I anticipated," he chuckled.

She furrowed her eyebrows and said with a firmer tone, "And yet, you find this amusing? He wants to progress, Seth. You know what will happen when you don't deliver..."

Inexplicably, her voice automatically softened, remaining inconsistent with the previous one.

"Once he takes action, you won't see it coming. It'll be like death, for instance. Imagine yourself sharing an intimate moment with your loved ones, only for dawn to occur and have them cast away abruptly to their demise."

As their conversation reached its conclusion, the tone of her voice abruptly transitioned away from a soft one to a firmer one. This was done to highlight the seriousness of this matter,

"Oh, and Seth, time is of the essence. Make use of the time that you have now!"

***********

Later that night, a commotion occurred in Sam's penthouse's dining room.