Chapter 28 The Turbulent Storm Continues

The four were seated in the waiting room. Harrison tightly interlocked his fingers. He rested his brow on his hands, his gaze fixed on the passageways, quenching his craving for activity. Sam leaned his elbow against his thigh and rested his hand on his forehead. 

Diana then approached them from behind them, carrying a cardboard tray that held four coffee containers," I brought you guys coffee."

 Sam looked up as an expression of relief materialized on his face.

"Thank you," They each took a cup and gradually took a sip. A woman then approached them from the passages, with speed similar to that of a cheetah, Harrison jolted from his seat and stood in front of her, "Tell me, doctor. How they? Are they still alive?" 

The doctor sighed heavily, looking down with a troubled spirit. She bit her lip and said, "I have good news and bad news." 

The other three burst into the scene, inclining attentively as she spoke, "What's the bad news?" Harrison inquired. 

"We tried our best to keep your mother alive, but she lost more than 3,000 mls of blood...I'm sorry, but we were not able to save her."

He broke down as Sam grabbed him by the shoulder,  he then placed his head against his chest and stroked his back. 

Sam looked up and inquired from her, "What about the good news?" 

"Mr. Samson is well alive..." 

The three were relieved by the sound of her words. "Thank God," replied Diana. 

"However...due to unfortunate circumstances, he is confirmed to be paralyzed." 

They all gasped with horror while she continued speaking, "When the wood beams and the portions of the ceiling collided with him, the weight and the impact of the falling objects landing on his back fractured his spinal column. Moreover, his motor neurons were also damaged. As a result, his leg muscles will fail to respond to the intended stimulus from his central nervous system. I'm deeply sorry."

**********

The four were gathered in the Penthouse's dining room. Although Sam, Harrison, and Diana were all seated, Dan was the only one who stood motionless, leaning against the wall. He then pressed his forefinger to his brow.

"How can one person be so sadistic, doesn't he have a conscience? I thought that we meant at least something to him, but I was wrong," commented Diana.

Sam placed his hand on his head and faced the surface of the table, "He took everything dear to us, and he did it without a moment's notice."

Dan clenched his fist and punched the wall, the portion of the wall shattered to pieces. "We have to find him! Now Sam! I want his head on a silver platter!"

 "We will find him, Dan. Just not now...Harrison is in a vulnerable state. He still needs to mourn."

Harrison stared intensely at Sam, "Don't you dare pity me! I am not some weakling. On top of that, I don't want his head on a silver platter! I want to skin him alive and disembowel him! Ripping his flesh piece by piece while he's still alive!!!"

He punched the surface of the table with the side of his fist. He arose to his feet and marched to the elevator.

 "Harrison wait!" Yelled Sam. 

"Don't try to stop me! I'll take you down if necessary. As a matter of fact that includes all of you!!!" 

Sam arose to his feet and called out to him, "I understand your frustrations but neither of us is ready to face Seth. If we dare face him now, none of us will walk out of that battle alive. Don't do this or your mother's death will be in vain!"