Chapter 17 Is Blood Thicker Than Water?

Thirty minutes later, at the Penthouse. Diana was working on her laptop in one of the guest rooms. Then, a knock was heard from outside of her door.

"Come in," she responded.

The door opened, and Sam walked inside, holding two cups of coffee.

"Here to lecture me again?" She asked as she looked up to face him.

"Nah, just wanted us to talk," he replied with a grin.

She closed her laptop and put it aside. He approached her desk and placed the cups on the table. Since there was an extra chair under the table, opposite the direction she sat in, he pulled that chair from underneath the table and sat down. He tucked himself under the table and grabbed his cup.

"Here, have some," he offered.

Gently, she grabbed her cup, and before taking a sip, a strong smoky, nutty, and caramelized aroma seized her nose. She was delighted by the scent. She sniffed it and brought the cup closer to her nose.

"Hmmm, just what I needed."

She took a sip and placed it on the table. She fixated her gaze on him and caressed the tuft of hair that curtained her temple's corners.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier...I know that neither of us knew our parents. Well, except for Gordon and Seth, of course, but the thing is, I've been trying to wrap my head around this whole situation, you know."

"Same here. I'm also trying to adjust to the idea that we are related. So, uh, yeah, since we've addressed our issues, are we still cool?" Sam inquired.

"Honestly, I'm still pissed at you, but I'm willing to let it go," she replied.

Sam held out his fist as the two then shared a fist bump. Then, another knock was heard from outside her door.

"Come in, she responded.

Harrison opened the door and walked inside. The two looked toward the door and gazed at him once he got inside. 

"What's up?"

"Uh ....uh...guys, Dan's blowing a huge casket right now! I feel like he will melt his face off if we don't do something," replied Harrison.

They put their cups aside and rushed out of the room with Harrison. At the lounge, Dan held Gordon by the wall. Gordon was in the air. His face was in the process of turning blue due to the lack of oxygen. Sam and the others rushed inside. 

Dan!!! What the hell are you doing?!!" Sam inquired.

"I'm killing Gordon," Dan replied.

Sam and the others looked at each other in confusion. While they did that, Gordon grabbed Dan by the scruff, using his right hand. He applied pressure to Dan's neck, temporarily incapacitating him. In turn, he released Gordon from his grip. Then, Gordon pulled Dan's head to his and headbutted him. After coming in contact with the Knight of Bloodshed's head, he placed his hand on his forehead and caressed it while Gordon placed his hand around his neck and stroked it.

"Don't ever try something as foolish as that if you know what's good for you," he warned.

"Dan, for crying out loud, have you lost your mind!?" Diana exclaimed.

"Nope...I'm perfectly sane. Maybe you guys are out of your minds," Dan replied as he stared daggers at Gordon.

"What?!" Harrison exasperated.

"That's right. You guys are looking at a traitor. Gordon stabbed Caldor in the back. He was the one that leaked information to the Council about Caldor's experiments!"