Chapter 29 Self Introspection

Sam was on his laptop typing through the keys while Gordon stood by his side and they meddled in a conversation in the living room, right by the corner.

"So the other two went to cool off huh?"

"Yep," he answered as his eyes were firmly glued to the screen of the laptop.

"It's tragic really, what Seth did. The sort of violence that he inflicted was beyond comprehension. It reminds me of the prehistoric age when all universal races clashed in a blood war for grand supremacy."

He fell back on his chair and sighed heavily, with his arms crossed behind his head, "Til now I still can't fathom what he did. He destroyed everything that we held dearly. Now all of us are forced to deal with the ramifications of his deeds. That's why Diana and Dan went to their rooms, for some personal space. Me on the other hand, I'm obligated to attend a meeting with the Watanabes tomorrow, to explain to them my failure of protecting the train."

Suddenly, the doors of the elevator gaped thoroughly opened and Kendall stepped out and approached Sam with pursuit, "Ahem!... Can we talk?"

"Sure," Sam replied.

 "I'll give you guys privacy," Gordon said as he trotted away.

 "What brings you here?" He inquired as he stood up and circled the table. He sat on the table and looked at her as she stood slightly further from her.

"We need to talk about us?!" 

Sam smiled albeit and inquired, "Us? I didn't know that there was an us." 

 "I had some time to think about what transpired recently, between the two of us." 

Curiosity piqued his interest, therefore influencing him to place his finger under his chin. "Ohh? And what is it that you were thinking about?"

"You and me."

"Hmph. Ken, I don't wanna..."

She interrupted while he spoke and said, "I've always had feelings for you since your father assigned me to be your P.A."

Sam narrowed his eyes with perplexion and stammered, "Wow...I mean...I thought you didn't feel uh..." he uttered as if his tongue was tied to a knot.

Kendall walked toward Sam, once she had reached his proximity, she placed his hands on her waist and said, "I'm ready for us to..." She paused briefly and sighed. She then found the strength to speak and rephrased her sentence, "I'm ready for us to date." 

"I'm game if you're game," he replied and shrugged. Kendall shone a warm smile toward him, and the two shared a passionate kiss. Unbeknownst to them Gordon, witnessed the entire exchange unfold.

**********

Sometime later, Gordon approached him sitting behind his desk in the corner of the the living room. He was working on his laptop once more, "It's fascinating really, what you and your friend have."

 Sam looked at Gordon and asked, "Are you talking about me and Kendall?"

"Yes, whatever her name is," Gordon said without being unapologeticly. 

"I don't know, she makes me feel somehow and I enjoy that feeling I guess," he said with ecstasy. 

Gordon smiled at his infatuation over Kendall and he inquired, "Since you and your siblings are back together as one unit, is our bargain still in....?"

"Yes, don't worry about that I am a man of my word," Sam replied.

 "You know, when I came to this planet I had one goal and that was to bring all four of you into custody but in the short time I have gotten to know all of you...You might say I've grown fond of you," Gordon replied.