Chapter 37 United We Stand

The city block was enveloped in a black haze. This frightening force merely left blockage in its path as it proved too difficult to distinguish surrounding objects. It was, really, an obstruction and a stumbling block for one particular individual. 

Seth became aware of the extent of his actions as he walked around the city block. Even though he intended to wound his rivals by firing many powerful bursts of crystalline beams, in doing so, he made matters worse for himself because he didn't know exactly where they were lurking. Additionally, he had no idea of the state of the earth he was walking on. 

 The scorching tar wrapped its long, blistering tendrils around the soles of his feet with every stride. Despite encircling his feet, the melting tar wasn't powerful enough.

Then, from afar, a burst of flames soared out of the haze of smoke. Seth smirked as he saw Dan fly to him.

"Well, what do we have here," the latter responded.

He ejected a strong blaze closer to Seth's feet rather than commencing an attack. He raised the flames' temperature to 250 degrees. In the process, the tar began to melt and turned into a black, flaming sludge due to the immense heat. 

 Seth was gradually submerged into the dark liquid. The tar had characteristics akin to quicksand. Eventually, it surfaced toward his knees. Sam unleashed a massive UV beam behind Seth's back. He burned through his reserves with every effort, raising the UV beams' temperature to an unheard-of level. The beams were 280 degrees hot.Meanwhile, Dan returned the favor and unleashed his enmity upon him. He not only dialed up the heat on his fire blast to an incredible 300 degrees, but he also rained fire upon his demented sibling. 

From where he stood, Seth cackled excessively as he felt a surging force of energy growing rapidly inside his body.

"Yes, feed me more with your power!!!!!

Then, as Diana hovered over Seth, the two quickly took off from him. When he looked up and spotted her, she extended her hands toward him, emitting a wine-purple haze. Upon realizing the potential risk posed by the haze, he strove to flee from it; however, the tar hindered his progress. When the smoke enveloped him, he breathed it in, allowing poisonous substances to enter his respiratory system. Naturally, as they got inside his lungs, they began to gradually eat away at his flesh. He responded by continuing to cough.

Harrison launched himself toward him from a higher altitude while he gasped for air. The latter appeared to have leaped enormously from a few meters away from Seth. Additionally,  his powerful legs catapulted him to great height. As he drew closer to Seth, he clenched his fist which eventually morphed into a gauntlet of rocks. And with one strike, he clobbered Seth with a skull-bashing punch toward the countenance. Although Seth felt minor pain, still that attack knocked him off his feet, and he fell on his back and was covered by the burning tar.

Diana soared to him, lowering her altitude because he had also fallen into the tar. She seized him by the shoulders and propelled him out of the area covered in liquid asphalt. Dan went back to the tar zone and hovered over it to where his older brother was buried. He fired loose another burst of flames, raising the temperature of his own to an incredible 490 degrees at the same time. 

Sam, in the meantime, went back to the area of burning tar and discharged his ultraviolet beams into it. The liquid tar eventually descended to much more profound levels of depth. Seth was slowly drowning in black ooze, making it hard to see him. Sam and Dan both flew away because the other three were standing far from the area covered by liquid asphalt. 

"Do you think that we got him?" Harrison inquired as he turned to his left side to face Sam.

"I don't know," he replied.