Chapter 5: Manifestation

The moon had returned to the pulpit once more. She was not alone, as usual, as she peered over the planet and was surrounded by her fervent followers, who shone like diamonds all around her. Bright flashes of light from her aura and millions of her followers filled the sky. The moon and the stars were not the only illumination sources, though. The Arctic's pitch-black sky had shades of green.

Despite the beauty of the sky, the Arctic's temperature couldn't be considered beautiful. As a consequence of the ongoing drop in temperature, the landscape was also covered with ice in addition to the snow. The boulders that had been buried in the snow were now ice sculptures. A nearby lake also had been frozen solid.

Sam, nevertheless, departed the mountain from which he had emerged. He was tormented by a string of seemingly, endless thoughts. He was still unable to accept that he was not human and had siblings spread out over the entire state.

While these thoughts troubled him, only one thought pierced his heart like a spear. It was the fact that his Earth-born parents were aware of his true identity and chose not to inform him. Only after his late father, Jeffery Austin, told him about this epiphany, that was when he felt duped and deceived. He was unhappy, but he still had to locate his siblings.

Finally, he reached his destination. He walked over to the jet and pulled out something resembling a remote control. He signaled Barney, his pilot, by pressing the red button on it. Barney unlocked the door and let the staircase descend. Sam entered the vehicle and passed out on the couch.

"Mr. Austin? Thank God you're alive. I was worried sick about you," Barney said as he stepped out of the cockpit. 

He chuckled and crossed his arms behind his head, "Don't worry, Barney. I am ok. I told you that you didn't have anything to worry about."

"I understand, sir. Anyways, how was your adventure? Did you find what you were looking for?" He asked with excitement.

Sam crossed his legs and paused briefly, "It was fine. And yes, I did find what I was looking for. By the way, thanks for your help."

He took out his cap and lowered his head, "It's a pleasure, sir."

"Let's head back home, shall we?" 

"Yes, sir." the pilot said.

************

At Codex, Gordon was preparing for a launch off at the airstrip. He got on a space scout ship and established the earth's coordinates. When he was finished, a flash of fire startled the thrusters into action and lifted the aircraft upward. He assumed the helm and piloted the craft out of Codex's atmosphere.

Sometime later, it was time for him to sleep, but before that, he went to the bathroom and showered. While he did that, the scout spacecraft continued its journey on autopilot. He went into the bathroom and took a bath inside a glass cube.

A stream of water was let loose by the cube-shaped structure through four pipes fastened to its panels. Coming from all sides, the water hit gently against his body as he covered himself in a purple, jelly-like substance. Like a bar of soap, the matter was made of many bubbles. He was troubled by a flood of recollections as he bathed, though.

These were recollections of a time when Caldor was alive. His wife had just given birth to their offspring. The two watched over the four babies who were placed in babypotcods.

"I've been a scientist for far longer than I could imagine. I have invented a lot of mind-boggling creations, Gordon. Our ancestors would deem these inventions impossible, but I did it," Caldor said excitedly as he looked at his offspring. They were fast asleep.