Chapter 9 A Destructive Battle, Diana Vs Dan

As he continued with his journey, Gordon charged forth with determination through the unruly storm. The tense waft smacked his face with a dreaded curse, inviting a cold atmosphere into his body. The intense wind, accompanied by an avalanche of snowflakes, painted his face white before falling off his skin. Although that was the case, the cold failed to faze him, for he walked casually, much like a machine.

The compass still pointed north and directed him to his destination. A few minutes later, he stumbled across a tall mountain. For a brief moment, he thought, trying to think of strategies to get inside. Then, a recollection came to him. He touched the wall of the superstructure, and when he did that, an entrance was carved as the wall slid to the side.

He embarked upon a dark cave when he got it. He pressed a button on his gauntlet, enabling an L.E.D. to lighten his path. Once he exited the dark entrance, he came across a room with a large scout ship.

The scout ship had seen better days, as it was covered with frost particles all around. A network of silken threads also garbed the spaceship. When he caught sight of the ship, he was welcomed by a sense of nostalgia.

"Scout Ship Of Ex," he said with a smile as he gazed upon it.

He removed his sword from his back strap and unsheathed it from both sides. Although not like your typical sword, this one had two sharp blades crafted on both ends of the hilt. Not only that, but the blades had incisors from their edges; it's almost as if the killer weapon had razor-sharp teeth, ready to thresh through flesh with ease.

With his hands firmly held onto the hilt, he swung it towards the door and fired an air-pressure projectile slash. The projectile attack sliced the door in half.

He courageously sauntered into the ship while B-22 released cannons from the ceiling.

"Intruder alert, weapon's system ready to engage," replied the A.I.

Right before the cannons were about to incinerate him, he responded by swinging the sword from both sides at them multiple times. Of course, a series of projectile slashes were launched, slashing the cannons in half.

Once he had done away with the A.I.'s first security system, he swiftly walked to the control room before it could send androids his way.

He removed the previous flash drive from the plinth and inserted his own. The flash drive gave rise to a new A.I. which assimilated control of the ship.

"Welcome, Knight of Blood Shed. How may I be of your service?" The A.I. said in a female voice.

"Thanks for the welcome, Foxfire. I need you to trace the location of other Codexians on this planet."

"That might be a bit complicated, sir, but I will see what I can do," replied Foxfire.

*********

The following morning, the trio was on their way to Dallas. They were aboard Sam's jet, inside the cabin.

Meanwhile, Sam sat in front of Harrison and read a book called The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. As soon as he completed the chapter he was reading, he closed the book and put it aside. He stretched his arms and yawned. After that, he scratched his eyes and fixed his gaze on Harrison, who was eating a hamburger.

With each bite he took, the chunk of meat, doused with cheese, graced his taste buds with a flavor that was not like any other. It's as if the gods of the sky anointed this meal.

After swallowing, he closed his eyes and sighed as he fell back on his chair. The hamburger took the young lad on a flavored journey to paradise.

"I take it that you're enjoying your meal," commented Sam while he rubbed his chin.