Chapter 27 A Devistating moment

The blade protruded after being pushed through her lower abdomen. Then, as he withdrew the blade from her body, she slumped to the ground, and blood seeped from her wound and her mouth. 

"Oops! I guess my hand must've slipped," the deranged lunatic replied, and laughed afterward.

Harrison furrowed his brows and roared with rage. He clenched his fist, which initially morphed into a giant fist, composed of rocks. He charged at him shouting, "You bastard! You'll pay for that!" 

Seth discharged his heat vision from his eyes when they turned red. Harrison covered his face with his writs in turn. His wrist was burning with discomfort as the beams burned through the rock minerals. He pressed on, however, but one of Seth's subordinates launched a plasma attack in his direction. He fell flat as the plasma assault struck his knee. He then gripped his wound and winced as a pool of blood spilled out. He moaned in distress as Seth grabbed a small tuft of his hair and raised him up.

He locked eyes with him and continued, "I didn't want this you know, but you forced my hand. Now you must deal with the ramifications of your stubbornness."

He then smirked, "Alas, I bring forth good tidings. You will get your vengeance soon enough as I will return. And once I do, I will burn your city to ashes, so that the four of you will understand the consequences of your actions. The only way to prevent your city from falling into oblivion is if you kill me yourself. Yes Harrison, I only want you to deal me with the final blow. Think about it, you will be able to fulfill your heart's greatest desire!"

He placed a dark blade in his hands and tossed him aside.

***********

As soon as the firefighters arrived at the farm, they extinguished the tower of flames that was raging through the corn fields, Dan's house, his barn, and the wheat fields. Dan sat on the stoop of what was once his house. With tears in his eyes, he buried his face between his knees. He then reflected on his childhood memories.

On a scorching day twelve-year-old boy named Dan observed his father tilling a field of dirt while he ate a plum from a tractor from far away. When he was done, he walked over to his son and dropped the pick on the ground before wiping the sweat from his temples.

" Yowee, I am drained... What a day!" His father, Darren said.

 He nibbled through the last bits of flesh, sticking out from the seed.

 He looked down at Darren and inquired. "Dad, why are you always working in the field?" 

He smiled and took off his cowboy hat, he gently placed it on his son's head. "Well, sunny. We need to keep the family tradition going. This farm was passed down to me by my pops, who inherited it from my granddad. Not only that, but we are one of the best farmers in the country. We have established great relations with nearby credible markets and successful businesses. This is our legacy and one day when you're old enough, this tradition will be passed down to you."

He returned back to reality and glanced at the picture of his mom and dad, "I'm sorry pops. I failed you. You left your legacy in my hands and I let you down." 

His right pocket vibrated. He tucked his hand in his pocket and grabbed his cellphone. He switched it on and saw a message from Sam that read the following, "Let's meet urgently. This is about Seth."

Dan clenched his fists and lowered his brows, his body was coated by the heat of flames. He took off and flew to New York.

************

"What! What do you mean our mean that our prototype has been compromised!? It was your responsibility to look after our project! Do you realize how much money we lost because of your incompetence!" Stated Mariko through the cellphone.