Chapter 33 A Light In The Darkness

"Harrison!" Sam bawled as he fixed his gaze on the ball of fire that ascended behind the remnants of the former Time Square building. 

While stationed in the air, he didn't know what to do. His hopes of seeing his siblings were dashed away forcefully by an unprecedented event. It couldn't be, it was too soon for Harrison and Dan to depart from the physical realm and embark upon the spiritual one.

He shook his head in disbelief and descended to the ground. Meanwhile, Dianca cupped her mouth with her hand and watched in horror as this event unfolded. Her eyes were wide open and her throat throbbing in pain, "No," she whimpered silently to herself.

When Sam descended, she rushed to him. 

"What do we do?" She inquired with distraught.

Sam only swallowed a lump, failing to respond. "I don't know," he answered.

As the two wallowed in their despair, Gordon mounted a corpse on its chest as his blade was drenched with blood. He took a cloth from his pocket and wiped the last drops of blood dripping onto the ground.

As he looked around, countless corpses were lying around with large gaping wounds that released blood. He heard the two sob and he turned around to face them. As he marched to them, his demeanor was calm and hinted at a lack of perturbance.

"You need not worry," he began.

The two directed their gaze at him as he continued speaking. "Harrison and Dan are much stronger than you could imagine. They are Codexian and that means that they have a strong will to fight and live," he said as he raised his clenched fist above his head.

"I have faith in them and so should you. I don't how they will survive this, but I know that they will. They have lives that they need to live, dreams that they must fulfill, and hopes that they aspire to achieve. Until they've fulfilled their goals, then they've not completed their race. Their will to survive will burn profoundly in their hearts."

 He placed his hand on Diana's shoulder and assured her and Sam.

"You're right, " Sam responded

"Yeah, let's have faith in them," Diana responded.

"A touching sentiment, " A deep eerie voice said.

The three directed their gaze forward and as they did that, Seth landed on the ground before them with brutal force. His landing incited a crater.

He walked out of the crater and faced the three from afar, he continued speaking all the while, "... one that I would not expect from you, Gordon. A heartless beast and a traitor to our father."

As he spoke, he then directed his gaze to both Sam and Diana, "Yes, I also believe that they'll survive. After all, I didn't intend to kill them. I still need them, as well as you two. We are one big family after all. We may have stepped onto each other's toes but that doesn't mean that we can't start afresh."

Diana raised her voice at him, "Who said that we'll start afresh? Do you think that we will accept you as our family? Do you think that Harrison and Dan will accept you, especially when you left them on your ship to die!?"

"That I did, but I did it to fulfill my plan. I had to even the odds. Not that I lack faith in my strength, no no no. With them out of the way, I'll be able to defeat you swiftly. And once I've done so, I will kill Gordon. Then I will take all of you with me to our new home, without your permission of course," he said with glee.

"You're plan is to abduct us? you're one sick lunatic," Diana scoffed.

Diana then imbued her hands with a wine-purple aura. Sam also coated his hands with his powers while Gordon poised his blade at him.