Chapter 23 Escape Seth's Ship

Seth opened his eyes instantly, He looked at the ceiling and placed his hand on his forehead while grunting. He rolled to the side and crawled to his feet slowly. Once he stood on his feet, he removed his hand from his forehead and grimaced. He was then plagued by a recent, daunting memory.  

Sam clapped his hands, and with a huge smirk carved on his face, he said, "So sorry to disappoint you, brother! Your offer was tempting but me and my siblings realized what we were getting ourselves into by joining you."

Before Sam could finish his sentence, he turned to both sides to face his siblings, "Right guys?" They nodded in agreement.

Sam directed his gaze back to Seth, "Like I said before I'm not joining your charade, so you can take your offer and shove it!"

Seth chuckled, admiring the latter's silver -tongue; for he effortlessly inveigled the others to abandon his cause and join his bandwagon. He sauntered at them, "I see what you did brother!" He pointed at him.

"You persuaded them to desert me with your rich, eloquent words..."

Harrison interrupted him while he spoke, "No Seth, he didn't brainwash us if that's what you think. No hard feelings bro, but we aren't killers. Even if we went with you to Codex we wouldn't kill our kind, let alone hurt them. Just let it go, man, it's in the past."

He returned to the real world and furrowed his eyebrows. He clenched his fists which were filled with a clump of veins. As he continued to reflect on recent events, his wrath intensified greatly. The cold thick, dark, floor would be set to a blaze had he been cursed with Hell's merciless reckoning. Perhaps his vexation would've not only burned the surface he stood on but unleashed its unfavorable terror on objects at a far greater distance.

The four stared intensely at him. Their stern gaze told the entire story, as a result, he furrowed his brows, gnashed his teeth, and flared his nostrils "I said no one says no to me! Heed my advice! The only way to ascend the ladder of success in this cursed life is to put a knife at reality's throat and abandon your moral compass, or be swept away by the tides of corruption!"

Gordon stood up from behind. He tapped on Seth's right shoulder, and when he turned around, he received a mighty strike to the left side of his countenance. Once his left facial features met with Gordon's punch, he was sent flying and collided with a wall.

Once again, he returned to reality and continued grunting. "So, my flesh and blood betrayed me!" 

From the floor's surface, a cluster of amethyst crystals rose. Their sharp, protruding edges gleamed as they expanded quickly, gradually surrounding him and towering above his knees. More amethyst crystals sprouted from the ceilings, sluggishly descending to the floor, where more of these crystals started to sprout even from the walls. He continued to look down in resentment

 "I will not allow anyone that has turned their back against me to live to see another day!"

He then glanced through the opening of the wall he had collided with and advanced to the control room through it. Upon arriving there, there was chaos. His subordinates were panicking. One of his workers approached him, "What shall we do sir? They are taking out more and more of our soldiers, they are too powerful!" 

Seth placed his hand on his forehead and exhaled heavily, "What are you talking about?"

 "The intruders, they are now making their way to the port! Moreover, they are taking down more soldiers along the way!" 

"Those fools! They do not know what I am capable of! Very well, block every exit from each passage. Notify more of my soldiers to guard the ships at the port!"