Chapter 18 The Beggining Of A New Alliance

The dark void drenched the sky with black ooze once as the bright orange and white street lamps colored the streets with their warm lustre.

Since the houses of Queens were empty in broad daylight, now they were filled with laughter and joy as families from each shelter gathered around the dining table. Peace and silence spread across the streets as the cold wind briskly stroked the trees in each yard.

Just outside the Samson's residence, a yellow cab parked next to the lawn. A dense layer of dust veiled it. The young lad held the handle and pulled it to open the door. Although he did that, the door struggled to open.

He sighed and pulled the handle multiple times. A petulant, metal sound rang each time he pulled the handle with force. It was so that one would gnash their teeth in response to that loud ringing.

"Hey, man, you don't have to kill my door just because it's not working properly!" The cab driver exclaimed.

Harrison sat back and raked his face. He sighed after that as dread overwhelmed his troubled spirit.

"I'm sorry, man," he apologetically said.

"You better, or else you'll pay for the damages," pointed the driver as he glared menacingly at him through the rearview mirror.

He opened the window and opened the door from the outside. Once he got out, he dragged his feet to the boot and opened it. A cracking metal sound echoed. He took out his suitcases and closed the boot. He sluggishly dragged the cases with him to his doorstep.

He opened the door and closed it once he got inside.
He then pottered to the living room and found his parents watching TV.

"Hey, Mom, hey, Dad," he said.

Immediately, his parents bolted out of the couch and raced to him. With great compassion, they enveloped him with a very tight embrace.

Once they broke out of the embrace, Maria placed her hands on his shoulders and looked at him with shock.

"Wait, aren't you supposed to be at that Austin internship program?"

Harrison briefly recalled the events that had transpired for the past few days. That included discovering his true identity, even when Gordon ambushed him and his siblings. As he pondered, these recollections intoxicated his troubled spirit even more, sucking the last breath of life out of him.

Since his experiences were still unfathomable to digest, he continued to reflect. Now recalling Caldor's execution and just learning about Seth and Sam's secrets. He realized that his life had changed significantly.

"Didn't you hear your mother's question, stud?" Arthur inquired with a right brow arched.

He snapped out of it and said, "Oh, yes, right. So um, here is the thing..."

He rubbed his hands and continued, "I quit the internship," Harrison replied.

Their brows shot up while their eyes widened. Astonishment seized them unwillingly, temporarily imprisoning them as a peptide of words failed to utter out of their mouths.

"You quit?!!" They exclaimed.

With his hand gestured at him, Arther commented, "I'm confused, stud. Didn't you say you've always dreamed of working for Sam Austin?"

"Yeah, well...uh...I found out that he is not the man I thought he was," Harrison replied as he scratched the back of his neck.

"What happened," replied Maria with concern.

"I don't want to talk about it," he replied, directing his gaze away from them.

"Can I go to my room?" He replied.