Chapter 34 A Powerful Bond

Gordon wreathed in agony, he placed his left arm next to his right arm, which was still seeping with blood. He grunted even more, as he looked to the side, Sam extended his hand out to him.

Gordon watched momentarily, astonished by his gesture. He grabbed the latter's hand. In turn, Sam pulled him and dusted Gordon.

Bearing witness to the startled expression wrapped across his face, he placed his hand on his shoulder and said, "No one's left behind. We're a team, remember."

Gordon wasn't pleased by his gesture, as he wanted no aid from anyone. However, he put his pride aside for the sake of unity.

"I suppose," Gordon replied.

Sam looked at Gordon's arm and inquired with concern, "How long is that gonna heal."

"It'll take a while, considering that my genes are augmented. You and your siblings have the advantage of having a faster healing rate. Until then, I'll have to cover your back," Gordon stated as he pulled out several daggers from his pocket.

He faced Sam and said, "That means that you'll keep him busy until I find an opening," he replied with a smirk as he walked away.

Sam rolled his eyes and sighed, "Really, so I helped you so you can use me as bait?"

"No, not really. We're a team, remember," Gordon said.

From ahead, the ground shook and a rumbling sound drew closer to them.

"He's here, keep him busy. And also try to lure him back to me!"

Sam nodded and clenched his fists. He soared slightly upward, ascending above Gordon's head. With the courage of a hawk preying on a venomous serpent, Sam flew to Seth and increased his speed.

From apart the two individuals watched each other as they closed the gap between them. Since Sam was traveling using flight, Seth used a different technique. Instead, he stood atop a hovering board consisting of crystals, as the hoverboard advanced, it enabled a wall of crystals to generate from beneath to keep it afloat.

Seth directed his right left hand to Sam, his hand morphed into a machine gun consisting of crystal matter. Knowing well that Sam would evade the attack, he still went on with the assault to decrease his momentum. He fired a burst of quarts crystals at him. And just as he predicted, Sam evaded the series of quartz crystals by flying above them. He lifted his hand higher and continued firing at Sam.

This time, Sam changed course and flew to the left side, Seth directed his hand to the left side and continued firing. Sam grunted with annoyance, "Ugh, this is so annoying!"

Sam increased his speed, trying to increase his momentum. Though he decreased his altitude, he nearly touched the ground.

At this rate, the gap between the two had nearly been sealed. As a result, Sam tried to punch him toward the countenance. With his left arm, he raised it in front of his face, revealing the underside of his wrist. Seth blocked the attack with his wrist and a concussive wave erupted from that strike. The two were repelled apart from each other and landed on opposite sides. Seth collided against the wall made by the hoverboard from his backside. While Sam collided against the ground.

Swiftly, Sam crawled up to his feet and flew to Seth. To Seth's surprise, he did not consider the fact that his brother was going to recover quickly from that occurrence. As a result, Sam tackled Seth. Instead of the two falling on Seth's backside, Sam opted to propel him upward through the tackle. Their altitude increased significantly as they towered over multiple buildings.

Having an advantage in the air, Sam released Seth who fell lower as he was a bit stung by the tackle he received earlier on. Sam followed him toward the ground and the two engaged in a free-fall quarrel.